• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Spotted the ex Southend Player + manager at Roots Hall walking into the ground from the car park. I thought maybe he was on a scouting job but according to his wiki site he is Bahrain National team manager.

Maybe just enjoying a shocking display of football from the blues on a cold afternoon.

his daughter and her other half were also sitting in the east stand as well, no big deal really.

Didnt he get Wycombe promoted then left before they got relegated the next year ? With Hull he had a lot more money than the rest of the division.

Ive never been impressed with Taylor, he always seem to take on a team someone else built ie Brighton. He fell short far more than he succeeded.

Yeah, and got 3 promotions!..way above most managers and is a Shrimper through and through!
Didnt he get Wycombe promoted then left before they got relegated the next year ? With Hull he had a lot more money than the rest of the division.

Ive never been impressed with Taylor, he always seem to take on a team someone else built ie Brighton. He fell short far more than he succeeded.

Unfair and ill informed in my view!...Yes, sadly he didnt do well for us but I think the fans of Gills, Hull & Wycombe would disagree!

Sorry but you misunderstand me BARNET ... PT is a nice bloke having spoken with him many times while he was boss :winking: .. the awful manager tag was solely labelled as to his time in charge of us, though taking over from Fat boy Fry cannot have been easy .. his credentials since leaving are much improved and i'd be most supportive if he were to be given a second bite at it

Interesting to see his bahrain team had to win by 9 goals and they won by 10 goals! Still didnt go through due to other results but sounds about as convincing as the infamous Argentina 6-0 against Peru when they had to win by 4 goals to go to the World Cup Finalin 1978

Just seen on SSN that the Asian Football Federation is confident nothing untoward occured the other night, despite the fact Indonesia had their keeper sent off after 2 minutes and Bahrain were awarded 4 penalties

Reports of the ref driving off in a gold plated Mercedes are wide of the mark apparently

Always had a soft spot for Spud, good player and lovely bloke. Supported our Lions charity football match one year when he was at Spurs, honouring his agreement to play against the celebs of the day (Jess Conrad for one, who was distinctly unimpressed when the other half said to him "my mum used to fancy you!").

After his disappointing spell with us, he was going nowhere as manager of Dover when he got his lucky break. His old Spurs mate Glenn Hoddle got the England managers job, and brought him in in as his assistant or something similar. After Hoddle was booted out, i recall Taylor was caretaker manager for a spell, and the results wer'nt too bad at the time.
From that point onwards, he then experienced the successes listed in the previous posts.

Did he not give David Beckham the captains armband? A decision at the time I thought was dreadful, but when you look at the ambassador type role that job involves nowadays it was probably right on the mark, certainly more than Capello would be able to see.

Saying that, it's still my view that he's not up to much as a manager. It's easy to mention his promotions, but he also had some torrid times, not just with us, but Leicester IIRC he was a disaster

Just seen on SSN that the Asian Football Federation is confident nothing untoward occured the other night, despite the fact Indonesia had their keeper sent off after 2 minutes and Bahrain were awarded 4 penalties

Reports of the ref driving off in a gold plated Mercedes are wide of the mark apparently

They had played each other 6 times before that with 2 wins each and 2 draws. Before that result, they hadn't beaten Indonesia by more the 2 goals.
Bungs a plenty must have been handed out. Just for starters, when do you hear of a goalie being sent off after 2 minutes?
4 penalties must raise a few eyebrows under the circumstances as well. Apparently the ref was just a little biased,Lol.

Peter Taylor is not stupid, even tho he probably had nothing to do with it, maybe he should resign, to save some credibility.

... maybe he should resign, to save some credibility.

That'd be a very brave thing to do ... either way people will doubtless point the finger and say yeah he's inplicated, and i imagine he's on a decent whack out there so why should he give it up over something that in all likelihood is nothing to do with him

Still lives on the Benfleet Road I think and has connections with the club dating back many years so no great surprise to see him at RH from time to time

Back