• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I could have tried and covered my shift to go next Saturday, but I'm expecting a battering and my wedding is coming up so money is tight. I'm out.

Have arranged cover for the cov game though

The team needs the fans to give them a lift at the moment as their confidence is shot to pieces. The more the merrier and who knows what could happen, football is a funny old game.

But yeah we'll probably lose 3-0. :smile:

I have a problem and I think some others may have the same issue too.
I'm undecided on whether to go to Peterborough or not. I can think of many cons of going and sadly not enough pro's. So I call on fellow shrimpers to advise me of the pro's of going to said match, please help me.

Your username is Blues4LifeDan. They key element being Blues For Life.

If in fact you are only a fan when things are going well, change your name to FickleBluesFanDan or something....

You pessimistic lot don't you understand sequences :

We lost to Millwall by four goals, Doncaster by three, Swindon by two......so we are clearly improving.

Following the sequence on we will lose to Peterborough by one goal, draw with Coventry and then beat Col Ewe by one goal and by the time we play the last match of the season we will be winning 20-0 and be champions.

Logic.....simple.

You're a Shrimpers fan. It's a reasonably short journey when there are so many northern teams in this division.

I went to Swindon and it was worth it despite the result. Firstly we were great for the opening 30 minutes. Secondly I got to see Tyrone play his first game for Southend - I hope he'll sign for us and be a major feature of our side for several seasons to come. Thirdly Swindon's recovery and our collapse was astonishing to witness and I'll remember it for the rest of my life. It's (nearly) always worth going to see our team play!

Be proud go!! I felt like that yesturday after the game, we can't keep getting stuffed can we?
Don't you believe it !!! We are just as likely to go and win three nil as we are to get done three nil. That's the beauty of what we do!!

You pessimistic lot don't you understand sequences :

We lost to Millwall by four goals, Doncaster by three, Swindon by two......so we are clearly improving.

Following the sequence on we will lose to Peterborough by one goal, draw with Coventry and then beat Col Ewe by one goal and by the time we play the last match of the season we will be winning 20-0 and be champions.

Logic.....simple.
Positive Glass half full mentality .... !! I like it !!

Your username is Blues4LifeDan. They key element being Blues For Life.

If in fact you are only a fan when things are going well, change your name to FickleBluesFanDan or something....

To be honest I started this thread with every intention of going. I just wanted to get us as a collective to remind ourselves of why we will still back our boys despite our current form, just incase anyone was feeling low. In my defense look how many of you have positive things to say about Southend rather than slate the team, which is what happens on other threads. It gets tiresome of reading endless negative threads about the manager, tactics or players. This thread shows that the most important and indispensable thing of any club, is us fans. Thanks for showing your unity. Role on Saturday!

The boat pub with some superb ales, get a train, get ****ed, result becomes less important if we lose, simples

http://www.charters-bar.com/

If I wasn't looking forward to going before, I certainly am now - looks like a decent little pub! My first visit to London Road.

Very much looking forward to the day out - our fortunes have to change soon! Just a small blip on an overall very successful season! UTB! :smile:

If I wasn't looking forward to going before, I certainly am now - looks like a decent little pub! My first visit to London Road.

Very much looking forward to the day out - our fortunes have to change soon! Just a small blip on an overall very successful season! UTB! :smile:

It is a good pub. Quite tight when it gets busy but a good atmosphere and quite often play live music.

Back