• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Tomorrow's referee is Mark Brown from Hull - not to be confused with the Mark Brown who may or may not be keeping goal for us.

He is just starting his third season as a League referee. His first didn't seem to be going too badly with a couple of Championship appointments, but he fell foul of the refereeing authorities for inappropriate use of social networking sites (something to do with a joke about Liverpool) and was suspended for a short while.

He made his first visit to Roots Hall towards the end of the season before last for our 4-0 win over a hapless Bradford City team (one caution each), having refereed Southend once before in the early season away defeat at Bury (again one caution each).

His most recent Southend match was the away game at Macclesfield last season when we won 2-0 with once again one caution each (ours was Mohsni).

He appears to have been forgiven his indiscretions as he was again getting good appointments. His card count was decidedly average last season and he has always looked a decent referee when I've seen him.

In his profile he is asked who has been the biggest influence on his career. He replies with the usual trite comments about colleagues and then adds "also my ex-wife for moving out so I could concentrate on my football and not have to listen to her moaning all day and night!".

John Scott from Buckingham and Matthew Buonassisi, who was previously known as Matthew McLaughlin, from Bedford will be running the lines. Geoff Law from Leicester is 4th official and Mr Brown's efforts will be assessed by Colin Hills, the Referees Development Manager from Suffolk FA.

note to mods: can I have a little icon like that bird thing? a whistle would be good

Back