• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we should gamble with him for promotion, take the risk of him leaving for a free if we don't go up, but if we do take him with us on a new contract. Go for broke lads, unless Posh are willing to make a silly offer.

I think we should gamble with him for promotion, take the risk of him leaving for a free if we don't go up, but if we do take him with us on a new contract. Go for broke lads, unless Posh are willing to make a silly offer.
It's not really that simple, if Hall wants to go then we don't really have a choice. Who needs a player who is brooding over a move? I think we have to accept he's most likely to go and make plans as such.

That won't happen though will it, if Hall helps us to promotion this season there's still no chance he'll re-sign this time next summer. Would you when you're likely to have half the clubs in the Championship chasing you as you are on a free transfer? He would get far more wages elsewhere and be able to make a double step up in standard. Sadly it's simple, if we receivable a sizeable offer we have to sell - it's in the best interests of the club.

Hally will be a huge loss but I do still think we have a fair chance of getting out of this league without him. We can't sacrifice a good offer (with add-ons and sell-on which would bump the price up higher in the future) and risk losing our best player for nothing, it happened with Gower and Clarke and it would be criminal if we let it happen again.

I fear if we are to lose hall i dont know that we have someone with the ability to replace him and get 25 assists!

I haven't been able to go to any pre-season, has this brogan got the potential the be a replacement?

Personally, if we can get a good fee for him (with add-ons and sell on clauses) then he will go. We have other wide players who could potentially set up to replace him - but please note the use of the word potentially ! !

Face facts - we are a selling club (as is 99% of the clubs in the Football League), and we need to maximise our assets. Hally for £500k? Done...

Keep Hall, sell Moshni. Hall would be too big a loss, I don't think we'd get promoted without him. His stats say it all. How many goals would Phillips, Moshni, Dickinson etc. have scored last season without him. No one in the team can cross a ball nearly as good as he can so consistently. Who would take our set-pieces? I've only seen 20 mins of Brogan but we simply have to keep Hall I think. Unless we get some silly offer (I'm probably talking over 700 here).

He was awesome first half of last season, but didn't play anywhere near that level in the second half. If we have someone to replace his excellent dead ball delivery then it's not the end of the world and 500k or thereabouts would be excellent business

I fear if we are to lose hall i dont know that we have someone with the ability to replace him and get 25 assists!

I don't think we can replace someone with the stats that Hall has at our level. Always rated him and I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in him. The amount of goals, across all four divisions, that are scored from set plays he'd be an asset to a lot of good teams - even if he's having a poor game. He has a quality delivery from open and set plays. Really hope he stays, somehow!!
Value? Realistically if we get between £250,000 - £350,000 that'd probably be about right. That said, Di Canio rates Matt Ritchie at £2m...

Unfortunately I dont think it will down to Ryan Hall or Luggy if he is to be sold, we all know our financial position is s**t and RM may be under pressure from our supermarket chums to balance the books.
Huge loss but if it secures our finances for a while so be it.

Back