• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Peterborough United v Southend United

Given nothing has happened re Spurs it’s entirely possible Ted is also awaiting the log jam to clear..

Well, well, well! In the first fifteen minutes it looked as though we were going to be blown away. Then, as the half went on we grew in confidence and far more into the game. I wonder, if we had some height up front for those corners , whether we could have benefited even more. The youngsters have done very well and 'boro have, at times looked frustrated. I fear for the first fifteen minutes after the interval when they will come out after a stern half-time b********g (for the last half-hour 'boro have been poor). Still don't believe we'll get anything tonight but it's far from the embarrassment I had feared

Shaky start, but that was to be expected, they were always going to come out all guns blazing at a young team, but growing into the game, and ended the half well.

I think a lot of you are under playing how impressive that first half was. Not for quality obviously, but for the fact we've just held such a free-scoring team out with such a young, inexperienced team. Another 3 debut starters tonight. It's actually mental the players we are having to play, and yet, they are offering a whole lot more than those senior 'pro's' ever showed!

Again, well done to the players and Sol!

A very timid and nervy opening 20 minutes, until we got that fluke corner out of the blue, and suddenly we start to grow in confidence.

The young lads have worked hard, and that’s all you can ask for.

We still look relatively toothless up top, which is frustrating. We need the midfield to support Rush a lot more.

0-0 at HT can be considered a decent return, but personally I’d like to see us go for it in the second half. If we lose, so what. We’re down anyway. If we have a real crack at it, who knows....

As always, fortune favours the brave.

I think a lot of you are under playing how impressive that first half was. Not for quality obviously, but for the fact we've just held such a free-scoring team out with such a young, inexperienced team. Another 3 debut starters tonight. It's actually mental the players we are having to play, and yet, they are offering a whole lot more than those senior 'pro's' ever showed!

Again, well done to the players and Sol!

Quite right- possession shared 50/50 and both sides have had 5 shots with 1 on target

Whatever happens in the 2nd half this is a good effort. If this game was 6-8 weeks ago we’d be 3+ down. These kids are alright.

Well done to all the travelling Shrimpers at tonight's game. :Clap:

Tonight's attendance was 5,036, with 244 Super Die Hard Shrimpers. :Worthy:

EQhecHzWkAcXEL7.jpg

Thanks Chris for the pic

Ffs- we hit post- ball apparently goes along the goal- 30 seconds later they score

Let’s see how we stand up now

Bearing in mind the concerns about Milligan he is singlehandedly dragging the team around at the moment.

Back