• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
It's early but will be interesting to see what people think is needed. Another lot of changes or a similar line-up again?

I'd be tempted to go:
Bentley,
White/O'Neill, Bolger, Barrett, Coker/White,
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, Timlin, McLaughlin,
Barnett

Shore up the midfield and try to stop us conceding. Barrett will be better for a rest and might not look quite as leggy. Hopefully McLaughlin and White will be back, I'd be tempted to rest Coker if White is fit. Hunt could probably do with a rest now, and Barnett seems to have done well on his own up front in the past.

I'll be surprised if we take anything from the game, particularly in our recent form, so wouldn't be surprised to see Phil go very defensive and hope for the 0-0.

Games that Peterborough are involved in always have goals. Can't see this one being much different so Brown would be foolish to play for a draw. They will break us down.

White out for 2 weeks, McLaughlin out for 2-3 weeks according to PB.

I don't know what to think at the moment.... Has the players lost fight under Phil? Is the dressing room 100%?

You can't have a team go from 7th to losing 3 straight games in smashings without something being wrong...

There is more to the story here.

Washington is on fire. He will be licking his lips looking at our defensive record the last couple of games.

Ah yes - but there are offers being made for Washington so we will have to wait and see if he is still with Peterborough come Saturday.

And last time I was at London Road was in the first round of the league cup. Peterborough were not very friendly as they wouldn't let us have the ball (except when we picked it out of our net and kicked off again that is). :unsure: :sad: :omg:

The omens arent good.....added to that, our record at London Road isnt exactly the best. Since 1961, we have played them at their place 25 times, and of those 25 games, they have won 17 times, & of those 17 meetings, on 10 of those occassions they have scored 4 goals (5 times) & 3 goals (5 times) against us. (actually they have scored 3 goals against us 6 times if we include a 4-3 win for us in 1970).

Either which way, im not expecting a 0-0 result for this one, although we live in hope. :sad:

I agree. Something has gone on behind the scenes which has contributed to this downturn in form. One or two players naturally can have a drop in form but not the vast majority of them.

I agree. Something has gone on behind the scenes which has contributed to this downturn in form. One or two players naturally can have a drop in form but not the vast majority of them.

I disagree, I think this has been building for a while and a few bits of good fortune have covered over the mental weakness and mindset in the team when we get ahead. They just lose all momentum and try and play safe but silly stuff with all side and back passing and no penetration.
Sheff Utd and Cov we held on for draws.
Oldham was nightmare defending but they were worse than us.
Col U pressed and could/should have got ahead.
Bury at 2-1 could have gone the same way except for Jack.
And any of the games at Roots Hall were we have spluttered. Seldom has our game had flow and movement, it is too often predictable, pedestrian and stilted with hard work and fitness making up for deficiencies. Now some players are tired and the pitches heavy it is more of a factor.

The chances of me accurately guessing the line-up for Peterborough are about as good as my selections for last Saturday's lottery or my predictions in the Prediction league, total bobbins.

That, however, is not going to stop me suggesting this starting eleven:

Bentley,
O'Neill, Bolger, Barrett, Coker
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, Timlin,
Barnett Hunt

Because this side tends to do the unexpected, and currently likes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, I will also predict a 1-1 draw with Hunt hitting the net.

I don't know what to think at the moment.... Has the players lost fight under Phil? Is the dressing room 100%?

You can't have a team go from 7th to losing 3 straight games in smashings without something being wrong...

There is more to the story here.

Millwall dominated us in the JPT game so they just did the same thing again and came out on top, I wasn't particularly surprised we lost it (although I wasn't expecting the defeat to be quite so heavy). Confidence is a weird thing, you can go months believing you're invisible and then you have one bad day and suddenly that illusion is shattered and players start questioning themselves.

Millwall dominated us in the JPT game so they just did the same thing again and came out on top, I wasn't particularly surprised we lost it (although I wasn't expecting the defeat to be quite so heavy). Confidence is a weird thing, you can go months believing you're invisible and then you have one bad day and suddenly that illusion is shattered and players start questioning themselves.

we might be better if we were invisible. I would prefer a go at invincible.

Peterborough have won 6 of their last 7 home games in all competitions, scoring at least twice in every win.

Preston - W 2-0
Chesterfield - W 2-0
Shrewsbury - D 1-1
Luton - W 2-0
Barnsley - W 3-2
Fleetwood - W 2-1
Doncaster - W 4-0

They also recently rejected three bids for Washington.

There has to be an attempt to shore up the defence - if we go there with a 4-4-2 there's a danger we could take a big beating again with our form as it is. So we need to put an extra man in midfield - I'd sooner have the fans whinging that we're boring, than we've shipped 4 again. I half wonder if Brown will play 3 centre halves - I wouldn't - but assuming everyone is fit I'd go

Bentley
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker,
Leonard, Deegan, Timlin,
Worrall, Hunt, McLaughlin

we also don't need 2x centre halves on the bench which we've done in recent weeks, so subs should be

Barnett, Payne, Mooney, Atkinson, Thompson, Hurst, Smith

Back