• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Peterborough Utd 4-0 Southend Utd

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
A dogged first half performance and a lesson for our players in the second. Reports and comments here please.

1st half we battled well. 2nd half we got outclassed. Simple as that. No real stand out performers either way for me. The kids did fine in the circumstances but the result was kind of inevitable

Watched the game. The Radio Cambridge commentators were extremely biased. There homework was poor when it came to knowing the names of our side. Despite the result, if we can hang on to our youngsters then the future looks bright. I see Elvis as a future captain in the mould of which Simon Francis has become. The Posh had the breaks with their first two goals in as much they were far from being of a created type. In the end, however, we were not good enough. Their 2 times goal scorer Toney should have had a second yellow and been sent off.

Hard to think of the appropriate words, really. Equally hard not to be scathingly critical.

We’re crap, sure. But it’s to be expected. Our supposed senior players really aren’t very good, and our youngsters are precisely that; youngsters.

Posh - like us - thought that all they needed to do, was turn up tonight. And in fairness, that is pretty much on the money. When they went up through the gears, they brushed us aside with ease. Sadly, we could only dream about having that amount of gears.

Personally, I don’t want to rate anyone individually, as they’re all deserving of low markings, which could be considered a bit harsh, as it’s not particularly their fault. As I mentioned, senior players are crap, and the youngsters are out of their depth.

The one positive is, that the team actually look interested for a change. It’s not their fault they’re not up to the standard, but at least they give it an honest go. That element has been missing for a long time.

As a side note, Grapevine/Tombstone must have used his famous debating style on Sol, because there’s more chance of me getting a game over Hutchinson, atm.

FWIW, I’m still of the belief that Sol will not be here next season. I get the feeling that him & Ron are not on the same wavelength at all. Wouldn’t shock me at all, to see someone else installed during the summer.

And finally, the level we’ve been allowed to drop to, is scandalous. It’d almost be comical, if it were the first time - although I don’t remember the previous time being overly comical, either.

You just want it all to be over and done with, in truth. It’s like watching a relative slipping away, who has been cruelly stripped of their dignity.

Oh well. Up the Blues.

Last edited:
Cruel and tough to take but Peterborough have scored 4 or more goals in 7 other games this season.

So not worth reading too much into this result considering teams higher up the table have been dealt with the same punishment from Peterborough.

Well, Campbell sounded thoroughly frustrated and as close as he probably can go to blaming charlatan Martin directly as he could do and I could not disagree with anything he said.

FOUR second half goals saw a youthful Southend United side soundly beaten at promotion-pushing Peterborough United tonight.

More...

Well, calling the transfer window very disappointing I see as a criticism of those above.

Yes, but it stopped short of being directly critical of Ron. He was stating a fact and saying he was disappointed.

I think he was just being honest whereas before he was trying to deflect the whole topic.

A predictably painful watch. After IMHO not the best of starts to his Southend managerial career I think Sol is now doing the best with the awful card he has been dealt ... I just fear an explosive end to it all very soon especially if we get zilch from the coming run of three home games. That scenario might well keep us all interested on the Zone by giving us something to theorise over but it won't do anyone any good

Yes, but it stopped short of being directly critical of Ron. He was stating a fact and saying he was disappointed.

I think he was just being honest whereas before he was trying to deflect the whole topic.

I suppose it depends on how you interpret Sol’s words.

To me - reading between the lines - Sol has certainly lumped the blame in Ron’s direction, without actually having to say it directly.

Back