• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Peterborough Utd 4-0 Southend Utd

Matt Rush is 19 and that was his first full start for us. He's made a couple of sub appearances but previously he was a regular U23 player. You may well have been fielding a weakened defence but I reckon @rlb999 called it right when he said he didn't get bossed by your central defenders. In terms of size and experience they were a pairing he has never experienced before. I hope that gives it some context.
Rush is only 18 I think. Done really well, hopefully he gets more starts and minutes. He's got lots to learn but I think he has all the attributes for a great player in the making. Hard working, Pace, skill, strength, awareness and finishing... And an Essex boy!

Matt Rush is 19 and that was his first full start for us. He's made a couple of sub appearances but previously he was a regular U23 player. You may well have been fielding a weakened defence but I reckon @rlb999 called it right when he said he didn't get bossed by your central defenders. In terms of size and experience they were a pairing he has never experienced before. I hope that gives it some context.
Cool I get you now, a good prospect for you then over the next few seasons

Rush is only 18 I think. Done really well, hopefully he gets more starts and minutes. He's got lots to learn but I think he has all the attributes for a great player in the making. Hard working, Pace, skill, strength, awareness and finishing... And an Essex boy!
I think you're right @jimmy55 , just. His birthday, I discover, is 11 March 2001 so he will 19 next month. Jeez, my double glazing is older than that.

Shrimpers - FWIW here are my views from a POSH perspective. I was at the game, yes if you weren't there it was F cold.

1st half you played as I expected and executed your game plan well. You battled, made it hard for us and at half time I thought if we didn't raise our game we'd be in trouble.

2nd half the 1st goal was going to be crucial and you were unlucky to find the post instead of the back of the net. It would of made for a very different game I'm sure. To add insult we then struck and took the ball swiftly down to your goal and scored. Thereafter Posh were comfortable and we did what we do (well for the last 6 games at least) and score goals.

The officials were the latest in the long line of clowns that we get at London Road. Bad for both sides I thought. Over lenient and over zealous in equal measure.

A tough fixture for your youngsters given our current form, they did well I thought.

For the 244 of you that made the journey - well done. You support did not go unnoticed and your drummer was annoyingly loud.

I hope your season takes a turn for the better and a corner is turned after yesterday. Good luck for the rest of the season.

The game would have been very interesting had that shot gone in off the post. Our lack of experience in defence showed in that first goal. Clifford in no mans land because he was left with two players to deal with. Dieng as clueless as ever with his offside appeal and Elvis, not for the first time, stuttering with his arm up. One more yard and he would have blocked that goal.

Did anyone notice the clear hand ball by their lad for the second goal. It turned out to be a perfect assist, he even tucked his arms in after to show his guilt to the ref. Never mind they will equal themselves up....... Next season hopefully.

Just to add to the injury curse, Ox gets further hurt saving an offside shot and only because of this new obsession with flagging late. Yes i know the new rule but that player was clearly going for the ball and thats why Ox had to make the save.

We got our offside right for the 3rd goal, well that is apart from an injured McL i think it was. He was hopping out on one leg so played them on. The curse strikes in many ways.

Yes the 4th was a free header but it didn't matter at that stage other than to make it worse than it really was. The lads should not be judged on the final score.

Was Sol trying to prove a point about lack of players to rotate....Absolutely yes.
Perhaps he has read some of the crass posts on here that blame him for the situation, so feels the need too.
Yes he has made mistakes and you can see he if feeling the pressure. For those that say he knew what he was taking on, that is utter b******.....None of us including Sol expected us to be half way through Feb without a single signing, eight players gone and another 4 or 5 long term inured.

Lets hope his decisions don't hurt the likes of Hutch or Kelman to much. lets also hope our fans carry on this Saturday where we left off v Lincoln at home rather than Peterborough away on a Tuesday.

Last edited:
The game would have been very interesting had that shot gone in off the post. Our lack of experience in defence showed in that first goal. Clifford in no mans land because he was left with two players to deal with. Dieng as clueless as ever with his offside appeal and Elvis, not for the first time, stuttering with his arm up. One more yard and he would have blocked that goal.

Did anyone notice the clear hand ball by their lad for the second goal. It turned out to be a perfect assist, he even tucked his arms in after to show his guilt to the ref. Never mind they will equal themselves up....... Next season hopefully.

Just to add to the injury curse, Ox gets further hurt saving an offside shot and only because of this new obsession with flagging late. Yes i know the new rule but that player was clearly going for the ball and thats why Ox had to make the save.

We got our offside right for the 3rd goal, well that is apart from an injured McL i think it was. He was hopping out on one leg so played them on. The curse strikes in many ways.

Yes the 4th was a free header but it didn't matter at that stage other than to make it worse than it really was. The lads should not be judged on the final score.

Was Sol trying to prove a point about lack of players to rotate....Absolutely yes.
Perhaps he has read some of the crass posts on here that blame him for the situation, so feels the need too.
Yes he has made mistakes and you can see he if feeling the pressure. For those that say he knew what he was taking on, that is utter b******.....None of us including Sol expected us to be half way through Feb without a single signing, eight players gone and another 4 or 5 long term inured.

Lets hope his decisions don't hurt the likes of Hutch or Kelman to much. lets also hope our fans carry on this Saturday where we left off v Lincoln at home rather than Peterborough away on a Tuesday.

Suspect on the Hutch and Kelman front there is a bit of there are 3 home games in 8 days coming up and that where they are needed and likely have more impact. The Ox situation worries me most. He clearly has a back issue he is playing with and the back up is an academy goalkeeper. Lets hope we can get Ted Smith registered.

Back