• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Peterborough Utd vs Southend Utd Tuesday 11th February 2020 7:45pm

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 54 85.7%
  • Callum Taylor

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • Mark Milligan

• Timothee Dieng

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

• Sam Barratt

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Miles Mitchell-Nelson

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 46 73.0%
  • Stephen Humphrys (if fit)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Kenny Coker

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Eren Kinali

• Terrell Egbri

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Emmanuel Osadebe (if registered)

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Theo Vassell (if registered)

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Win

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Small

Here we go again. away to the Posh and another opportunity to see if we can get anything out of this game. Osadebe and Vassell have been included in the selection poll but whether they will be availble is anyones guess.

Anyway, normal pre-match stuff, you know what to do. For those not travelling to the game, it is being streamed live on iFollow for ten quid.

Think it will be called off. I believe the storm is at its peak on Tuesday.

If it is called off that would be a run of 3 home games to get points on the board .. if not..well we lost yesterday and Posh battered Oxford 4-0. So probably 1-0 to us. This is a mad old game.

Think it will be called off. I believe the storm is at its peak on Tuesday.
I've just had a quick look at the BBC forecast for Peterborough on Tuesday night and currently its showing 3 degrees C and wind speeds of 19mph for the duration of the match.

On the face of it any kind of a result would be an extremely good effort from the lads. Posh are strong and in good form. So, as @Leigh_Seasider says we will probably win this one! In reality anything less than a 3-0 defeat would have to be considered to be a decent effort. One of these days we may get some luck - perhaps this will be the game. We’d need at least one of their lads sent off plus an early goal I think, but who knows - at least the one thing we can say is that we have a united team now all pulling in the same direction.

Can't make this game and not often I'm pleased to miss one but this is. Peterborough form side on current form and beat Ipswich 4-1 away followed by beating Oxford 3-0. We are on a hiding to nothing but I guess you never know, but this will test us to the limit which is why yesterday's unlucky defeat was so crucial

If we ain’t on our game for this one then we could see a heavy defeat as Peterborough on there day can score for fun, but they also conceded a few at times.

Can see this being 5 or 6 to the Posh. A lot of attacking talent and real pace which we don't have a lot of in our backline or midfield.

At least we don't have to come up against Marcus Maddison - he's been loaned to Hull.
Another example of the EFL double standards, this was likely done to thwart fair play money rules which get twisted with impunity and "the finger" by the wealthy few clubs.

Another example of the EFL double standards, this was likely done to thwart fair play money rules which get twisted with impunity and "the finger" by the wealthy few clubs.

I think he’d fallen out with Ferguson - had only started 4 league games since Nov 5th.

I think he’d fallen out with Ferguson - had only started 4 league games since Nov 5th.

Yep. They're disgusted with him as he's turned out to be another greedy footballer, trying to run his contract down so he goes on a free, and gets bigger wages as a result.

Yep. They're disgusted with him as he's turned out to be another greedy footballer, trying to run his contract down so he goes on a free, and gets bigger wages as a result.

But on the other hand this was his 6th season with them, 250 appearances and he’s 27 in September. I think they have had value from him - has always been the best player on the pitch when we’ve played them. Probably the only way he thought he would get to play at a bigger club.

If we don't get tonked I'll be shocked. These lot in great form and confidence. Will be chuffed with anything less than 3-0!

Peterborough have won their last five games on the trot so they are bound to be over-confident when they come to Roots Hall. They are in for a shock.

Ah.... then I woke up. Ivan Toney is the lad we need to be worried about. He scored twice yesterday which means he has scored 21 goals already this season.......

Peterborough have won their last five games on the trot so they are bound to be over-confident when they come to Roots Hall. They are in for a shock.

Ah.... then I woke up. Ivan Toney is the lad we need to be worried about. He scored twice yesterday which means he has scored 21 goals already this season.......

That's pretty much the only hope we have of getting something out of this match, we have seen a few teams recently who thought they only had to turn up and we'd roll over and give them 3 points. Can't see it personally but hopefully Peterborough perform in the same way.

It’ll be a huge relief if Toney and co turn up at Roots Hall Tuesday evening.

Back