• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Peterborough Utd vs Southend Utd Tuesday 11th February 2020 7:45pm

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 54 85.7%
  • Callum Taylor

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • Mark Milligan

• Timothee Dieng

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

• Sam Barratt

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Miles Mitchell-Nelson

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 46 73.0%
  • Stephen Humphrys (if fit)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Kenny Coker

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Eren Kinali

• Terrell Egbri

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Emmanuel Osadebe (if registered)

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Theo Vassell (if registered)

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Win

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters
SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell may look to rotate his starting line-up at in-form Peterborough United tonight.

More...

TOM Clifford believes Southend United can secure a shock result at Peterborough tonight to continue his birthday celebrations.

More...

It's still seriously gusty (45 mph) on Southend Seafront and the chill factor in the wind makes it feel chilly as well. Forecast says most of the strong winds will have buggered off by early evening.

Back on thread. I'd happily take a draw and then concentrate on picking up maximum points in the 3 home games.

I remember going to this fixture last year. Ivan Toney completely bullied our centre backs and they walked out easy 2 - 0 winners. Our support was quite toxic from memory - Chris Powell and Oxley were getting quite a lot of abuse.

Can't see anything other than a defeat unfortunately.

I see Michael Klass is turning out for the U23s against Wimbledon this afternoon, so assume he won't be involved again tonight. Wonder why he's so far out of favour with Sol.

Like others, I can only see a heavy defeat tonight - Posh are bang in form and made a really good loan signing in ex-Col U midfielder Szmodics.

Hope it doesn't knock the confidence too much.

Keeping a clean sheet against probably the most attack minded side in the League, will be extremely difficult. They attack from all angles with many capable of scoring. Ivan Toney is destined for better things, and far too good for League One. The good news is they leave gaps at the back when on the attack. We have to nick the ball off them and catch them out. So we need Oxley and the defence to play an absolute blinder, and put away some of our chances. That's a tall order.

I see Michael Klass is turning out for the U23s against Wimbledon this afternoon, so assume he won't be involved again tonight. Wonder why he's so far out of favour with Sol.

Like others, I can only see a heavy defeat tonight - Posh are bang in form and made a really good loan signing in ex-Col U midfielder Szmodics.

Hope it doesn't knock the confidence too much.

Re Michael Klass I think it was suggested he is one of the most talented players in the squad but does not necessary make full use of this in terms of application. Sol on the other hand always mentions character, attitude, application as amongst the first things he looks for.

It might just be that Klass needs to demonstrate these traits before he gets his chance. No doubt Sol got a full report from CF & RD whilst he was on loan.

Posh 3-0 Blues, and not even going to fork out the tenner to see same.
I'd like to see a competitive game; not a one where I chew my fingernails watching P'boro bowl forward at will and scoring occasionally.

Keeping a clean sheet against probably the most attack minded side in the League, will be extremely difficult. They attack from all angles with many capable of scoring. Ivan Toney is destined for better things, and far too good for League One. The good news is they leave gaps at the back when on the attack. We have to nick the ball off them and catch them out. So we need Oxley and the defence to play an absolute blinder, and put away some of our chances. That's a tall order.

looking at the form table, the last 4 games at home have seen them score 10 and concede 1....defence seems to be fine on that basis

Back