• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Peterborough v Southend United, 23 March 2019

Pick your team here folks; plus - win, lose or draw?

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 84 53.8%
  • Nathan Bishop

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 44 28.2%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 86 55.1%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 134 85.9%
  • John White

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 77 49.4%
  • Taylor Moore

Votes: 115 73.7%
  • Tim Dieng

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 56 35.9%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 123 78.8%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 99 63.5%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 66 42.3%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 29 18.6%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Norman Wabo

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • Simon Cox

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 92 59.0%
  • ______________________

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Win

• Lose

Votes: 45 28.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
————— GK TBC —————
—— Kiernan Lennon Moore ——
Dimi ——————————— Hart
———Hyam —— Mantom ———
—— Bun ———— McCaughlin ——
————— Cox ———————-

I’d even be tempted to put John White in if Lennon isn’t fit. I don’t know what Keeper to play.

We reall need Dimi to push on high like Hart’s been doing. That’s my preferred if we can play it properly - if we wanna be more simple.

————GK TBC————-
Dimi Kiernan Moore Hart
—— Hyam — Mantom ——
Bunn —— Dieng ——McLaughlin
————— Cox ——————-

What I’m tryna say is, **** knows.

Yes,David,with Ox in goal,obviously ,both your line-ups make good sense - only I’d put Dieng up front ,ahead of Cox,and tell him he’s got to compete strongly for every high ball and hold the ball up when possible.
If Lennons fit-your first line-up- have McL on the bench,with Dru and bring them on (IN GOOD TIME) if things aren’t working.

When we played Charlton away we played Kightly in a central role behind front two I thought it was a better position rather than out wide.He had a decent game.Yes I no we don't have Humphreys for Peterboro but we could give it a go with two up top

With the offer of free travel will there be strong support making the trip

Sadly the 'Free travel" doesn't include the return air fare that I have stumped up for this visit. I can't complain though I am going to the England match on the Friday night. A great football "double header" and hopefully 6 points !

UTB!

—————————-OX———————-

————-White —Kiernan—Moore————
Demi———————————————-Hart
———————— Hyam————————-
————Dru———————McLaughlin——
———————Bunn——————————
——————————-Cox———————-

Time to bring John white, Moore and Dru back in. This side feels me with more confidence than
Sticking with youth. Feel like there is more fight in these guys.

UTB

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Lennon isn't fit for this one as was struggling for a while on Saturday before being subbed. Agree that White, Moore and Dru should play. They aren't in today's U23 squad so could mean they are starting Saturday.

Got to be a 4-4-2 for me. We need to look to win the game and get on the front foot and be positive. Lennon is an injury doubt and surely Turner won't play! Macca and Bunn on the wings for me and Yearwood back in the middle of the park driving us forward. Hyam didn't play well against Wimbledon, keep going backwards and sideways. But, I think he could still work well with Yearwood. We need him to get stuck in and working hard, a job that I don't think Mantom or Dieng can do. Cox up top obviously, but he needs help, so it has to be Kelman.

Oxley.

Demi. Kiernan. Moore. Hart.

McLaughlin. Hyam. Yearwood. Bunn.

Cox. Kelman.

—————————-OX———————-

————-White —Kiernan—Moore————
Demi———————————————-Hart
———————— Hyam————————-
————Dru———————McLaughlin——
———————Bunn——————————
——————————-Cox———————-

Time to bring John white, Moore and Dru back in. This side feels me with more confidence than
Sticking with youth. Feel like there is more fight in these guys.

UTB

I agree, we need another player with no match fitness in the side :Stunned:

700 fans making the trip at the moment, would of thought we will double that on the day.

Thought this might have been on ifollow as it’s an international weekend but doesn’t appear to be.

Don't trust Kelman or Wabo to start so I would go with a 4-3-3 line-up (assuming Lennon is out):

Oxley
Demetriou - Moore - Kiernan - Hart
Yearwood - Hyam - Dieng
McLaughlin - Cox - Bunn

Subs: Bishop, White, Bwomono, Klass, Mantom, Hutchinson, Wabo

Don't trust Kelman or Wabo to start so I would go with a 4-3-3 line-up (assuming Lennon is out):

Oxley
Demetriou - Moore - Kiernan - Hart
Yearwood - Hyam - Dieng
McLaughlin - Cox - Bunn

Subs: Bishop, White, Bwomono, Klass, Mantom, Hutchinson, Wabo

Not a bad shout at all. Could also revert to 4-5-1 when out of possession

Oxley has to start despite his mess up last week, as if you bring Bishop back in now, thats two GK you would of ****** off and blown confidence.

Demi and Hart full backs. You could see there was a decent player in Hart right from the start despite many on here thinking he was utter gash. Any player on loan takes a few games to settle, and I dont think he had played for a few weeks when he arrived either.

Kiernan and Lennon (if fit), if not Moore for Centre backs.

Got to bring back Dru, and I would play him alongside Hyam, as I think they may complent each other. I would then have Macca and Bunn on the wings, playing in their actual position.

Up front is Cox and ????? Possibly Dieng, possibly Wabo, possibly Kelman, but you have to have two up there.

Back