• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimper loz

First XI
Put aside all this rubbish about pettefer being too negative. I think he should be given a chance. I think that JCR makes the side unbalanced and that if pettefer doesnt get a chance then Mitchell Cole should be played instead of him. However i think that having Both mitchell cole and Gower playing leaves us defensively flat footed. They are good at going forward but do not get back enough to help the defence. Now some people might say that taking out Cole and replacing him with Pettefer might make the team less attack minded. But i think that not only does Pettefer bring a good dimension defensively but he can also get forward and put crosses in when he wants to. With only 15 players currently being fit then this could be petts' chance to shine! As i said in my other post! Give the lad a chance!

Couldnt agree more. He played every game last year for us in a promotion winning side, that must say something!

THANK YOU! Someone agree's with me! btw i was sat below your Maldon Blues flag at the play off final and still have a pic of it!

I'm one of Petts biggest fans, he does a great job. He might not be able to take on 3 players, but he's very good a keeping the ball, tackling back, winning 50-50's, etc, etc. The sort of things that are not cole, jcr & gowers strenghths. He might be just the man we need if we're 1 -0 up in hartlepool tonight.

Yep! I remeber that Petts is not an wingers, but do all the donkey work in midfields area while allowing Bentley & Gower charge forward to support the front players & pervent the another team from breaking away.

Forgive me for missing the point here, but our problem at the moment is scoring goals, not conceding them!! The last thing we need in the team now is another defensive midfielder!!

Petts is fine for bringing on say 15 mins from the end of a game to help defend the lead, but when we are having all manner of problems when it comes to scoring, he is simply not the answer.

Perhaps if the team actually tried to get the ball down and play football like they were at the start of the season instead of constantly bypassing midfield with 70 yard long ball, we might stand a better chance of creating opportunities.

Petts the answer to our problem?... Not a chance in hell im afraid!

Ever heard of throwing cauition to the wind?! Bet u werent complaining last year when he was an ever present in our PROMOTION WINNING SIDE were you? I think tha when we have a small and depleted squad as we do at the moment, then we should be trying anything and everything.

I rate Gower, Cole and JCR higher than Pettefer as a winger, Pettefer just can't beat a man through pace or cutting inside... By all means give him a game in the Centre in replacement for Maher as he's been awful recently... And if its a captain Tilson wants Barrett seems to show more than enough passion for the club...

Just don't use him as a replacement for Cole, Gower or JCR, As at this moment Pettefer won't be helping us score the goals we need.

I thought Petts had one of the higher amount of "assists" last year (IIRC behind Maher and only because of th
An good attacking option would generally mean that a goalscoring eminates from the player concerned...sort of rules out JCR a bit really.....

A Petts and Jupp right side combo (especially away from home) would do me...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Dec. 28 2005,14:25)]Ever heard of throwing cauition to the wind?! Bet u werent complaining last year when he was an ever present in our PROMOTION WINNING SIDE were you? I think tha when we have a small and depleted squad as we do at the moment, then we should be trying anything and everything.
Throwing caution to the wind and picking Carl Pettefer are really two different things mate
smile.gif

And yes, I was complainging about him last season when we got promoted. I didnt rate him then, and I dont rate him now, simple as that.

I genuinely believe had we of had an out and out right winger last season, we would have gone up automatically, but thats another issue.

He is not a right sided midfielder, and never will be. If you want to play him in the centre of midfield, then fine, do so, as a ball winner, but NEVER on the right hand side of midfield.

we should play 5 in nidefield, gower gutts bentley maher and petts, with 1 up front, seeing the attack cant score anyway, maybe we can overload with a good midfiled and force the goal into the net via force
tounge.gif

Just been watching the highlights DVD. Petts did a lot of good work getting the ball forward last season, and had loads of assists. Get him back in the team.

Back