• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Not a single Southend player.....absolutely criminal! And yet Izale McLeod makes it :stunned:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7684826/League-Two-XI

League-Two-Team-of-the-Year-EMBARGOED_2752801.jpg

4 Torquay players?...Hall should be in their IMO for his goals and assists

Surprised Barnett included as now in the championship, and think there are other players deserving of a place including 2 of ours. I've compiled the team I think best below.

Bobby Olejnik (Torquay)
Paul Caddis (Swindon)
Mark Phillips (OF COURSE)
Kyle McFadzean (Crawley)
Kevin Nicholson (Torquay)

Ryan Hall (OF COURSE)
Marlon Pack (Cheltenham0
Nick Powell (Crewe)
Matt Ritchie (Swindon)

Izale McLeod (Barnet)

Lewis Grabban (Rotherham)

Yeah considering we've been in and around the top 3 all season its unbelievable that not a single player has made it in. Ryan Hall's exclusion is the biggest surprise as at one point he had the most assists in the country, more than David Silva who started the season in unplayable form

Surprised Barnett included as now in the championship, and think there are other players deserving of a place including 2 of ours. I've compiled the team I think best below.

Bobby Olejnik (Torquay)
Paul Caddis (Swindon)
Mark Phillips (OF COURSE)
Kyle McFadzean (Crawley)
Kevin Nicholson (Torquay)

Ryan Hall (OF COURSE)
Marlon Pack (Cheltenham0
Nick Powell (Crewe)
Matt Ritchie (Swindon)

Izale McLeod (Barnet)

Lewis Grabban (Rotherham)

As the votes are made in I believe January it's no surprise for Barnett to be included as he didn't leave Creepy until March. I'm a bit surprised that Hall isn't included and possibly Phillips other than that it's a fair call. As for McCleod top scorer in a bottom 3 team is pretty good going IMO.

As the votes are made in I believe January it's no surprise for Barnett to be included as he didn't leave Creepy until March. I'm a bit surprised that Hall isn't included and possibly Phillips other than that it's a fair call. As for McCleod top scorer in a bottom 3 team is pretty good going IMO.

I know they're voted on at what seems a ridiculously early point in the year, but still struggle to reconcile the fact that there are 4 Torquay players in there, and at that time, Hall was playing extremely well.

I know they're voted on at what seems a ridiculously early point in the year, but still struggle to reconcile the fact that there are 4 Torquay players in there, and at that time, Hall was playing extremely well.

I think their keeper is the best in this League, and Mansell is decent, can't recall the other two mind.

Crazy that the votes are made half way through the season though.

As I say each year it's one of the most meaningless awards out there. It's voted almost entirely on reputation rather than performance, the vote is held far too early and those voting are unlikely to have seen the players they are voting on more than once and often not even that.

It's probably a good thing that none of our players are included as it would just give them a bargaining chip when it came to renegiotating contracts and hopefully a chip on the shoulder for the play-offs.

How the man with the most assists in the whole country isn't in there is criminal.

Barnett doesn't even play in the league now!

The voting isn't done half way through the season, I don't think. The forms go out in January but it's mid/late March before they're due back.

I'm not sure why in this day and age it's not all done online in the days before the awards though. I presume that most footballers can work a PC.

Hall hasn't even been a regular in the Southend team.

I think Mark Phillips has more cause to be disappointed.

Outrageous, when we were top for most of October-February. I think Clohessy and Phillips have just as much or even more reason to be disappointed than Hall. I guess Clohessy isn't someone who stands out much, he just does his job well but I thought Phillips might have been recognised for his goals if nothing else. Maybe all the full-backs who Hall has torn apart are just bitter. Can't argue with the strikers but the defence and midfield are debatable. What makes it even more bemusing is that the awards are voted for in February and we were much better for the first half of the season and Torquay only came into the promotion race in January. As someone else said, it's probably based on reputation more than anything else and we're just little unfashionable Southend. Footballers are stupid.

Ah well, more motivation to show em what they're made of in the last two games and probably the play-offs!

I agree that Phillips should have made the list. Hall I'm a little indifferent, yes his assists have been great however I would have definitely expected him to get a few more goals. He also had disciplinary issues, has had a run of very quiet games and performances, and at times not started. I'm sure there are plenty of opponents who haven't really seen what the fuss is about with Hall.

I'm not overly concerned about having none of our players in the team ( nice though it would have been for them to be recognised ).
The less attention our better players get , the less chance of a Div 1 team coming in for them.

Surely the rules will chaneg on this - especially as the League 1 player of the awards features a man now serving time in Prison - should be done after season has ended , can't be that hard to tally up all the votes

Back