• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dunno why anyone should care two monkey about this. If he's not recognized as a dangerman that is better for us!

The voting isn't done half way through the season, I don't think. The forms go out in January but it's mid/late March before they're due back.

I'm not sure why in this day and age it's not all done online in the days before the awards though. I presume that most footballers can work a PC.
Yep, confirmed on the beeb that voting is done mid-March.

Who cares about some so called team of the season that is voted on before the season finishes.

Some of our players could easily have been included but not to concerned about that to be honest.

Surely the rules will chaneg on this - especially as the League 1 player of the awards features a man now serving time in Prison - should be done after season has ended , can't be that hard to tally up all the votes

Maybe Ryan Hall wouldn't get in then! Or Darryl could have his taken away retrospectively.

Surely Wes Foderingham should be in goal .. after Hereford (of all teams !!!) put 3 past him at the beginning of October he has let in one goal in 16 home matches

phenomenal

The voting took place a few weeks back. Most footballers will vote on what they remember, and what they remember most is the recent past, i.e. who they have played against recently. That is why a team like Torquay who are currently on a good run will gain a lot of votes, and a team like us, who had a very good spell before the new year won't.

For that reason I didn't expect any of our players to make the team. I also don't think it's something to get too hung up on.

The players themselves may be upset, but they can put that right by getting promoted, either automatically, or via the playoffs.

The voting took place a few weeks back. Most footballers will vote on what they remember, and what they remember most is the recent past, i.e. who they have played against recently. That is why a team like Torquay who are currently on a good run will gain a lot of votes, and a team like us, who had a very good spell before the new year won't.

For that reason I didn't expect any of our players to make the team. I also don't think it's something to get too hung up on.

The players themselves may be upset, but they can put that right by getting promoted, either automatically, or via the playoffs.

Agreed and if you add to that the fact we didn't even put in that many top drawer performances during our 17 match run. The amount of games we nicked by the odd goal and just did enough were incredible. I feel like it's only in the last few weeks have we started to play football that a team in the top 6 should be playing. The rest of the season has been down to the players battling and working extremely hard with the odd moment of real quality sprinkled between direct football and winning second balls.

That said I think Ryan Hall should have made it in. The amount of assists he has this year should have been enough on its own.

Harris: Where's our players in team of the year?

NEIL Harris has spoken of his surprise that none of his Southend United team mates were selected in the PFA League Two side of the season.

More...

Just a small team from Essex... Shocking. Phillips should be fuming at this IMO. Well, slightly aggrieved...

Back