• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper95

Coach⭐
Nelson, Clohessy, Barrett, Cresswell, Martin, Maghoma, Pack, Jones, Myrie-Williams, Pope, Cureton.

Congrats to Clohessy and Cresswell on getting in the team of the year!

PFA team of the year

Clohessy and Cresswell in the League Two side.

Excellent news for both Sean and Ryan and very well deserved. Good to see Adam Barrett's name in there too.

Congrats to the lads. Hope they are here this time next season and achieving the same nomination

Congrats lads surprising that players got picked this season and none last season, last season both Phillips and Hall were deserving of a spot

Congrats lads surprising that players got picked this season and none last season, last season both Phillips and Hall were deserving of a spot

I could be wrong but think it's voted for around January time, But anyway congratulations to both.

Well done to them and to Adam - so much for his legs having gone then! Jamie Cureton too - who'd have thought he'd find success still at his age?

I could be wrong but think it's voted for around January time, But anyway congratulations to both.

I heard on the radio yesterday that voting finishes on April 15th, so plenty of time between jan and April to assess who you want to vote for. I'm a bit surprised cressy is in there, not been great second half of the season. Sean defo deserves it.

Congratulations t our two best players!
For Southend United to get 2 of 11 is great - just shows we lack quality elsewhere when you reflect on our league position.

If there is a way to keep either or both - it is a foundation!

Find it strange that we have 2 players in it this year when we finished 11th, yet last season when we finished 4th we had none (both Clohessy and Hall should've been in it at least). But then I suppose when they were voting, we still looked likely to at least make the play-offs. Not saying they don't deserve it though, Clohessy is the best right-back in the division from what I've seen and it's nice that his fellow professionals recognise that. Cresswell's not had many bad games this season and has done well against some of the best strikers in the league. I also notice that Stuart Nelson is the goalkeeper in the TOTY, I'm sure his name was mentioned by myself and others last summer when we needed a goalkeeper.

On a side note, Simon Francis made the League One team of the year.

Actually surprised Hurst isnt there as well. Didnt have a great second half but would have thought his assists would have gone someway to getting some votes seeing as they were cast earlier in the season.

Nice to see them get in , but sadly could be the last we see of them so a hollow award :'(

don't they vote for this back in december, when we were doing really well?

I heard on the radio yesterday that voting finishes on April 15th, so plenty of time between jan and April to assess who you want to vote for. I'm a bit surprised cressy is in there, not been great second half of the season. Sean defo deserves it.

As posted earlier ...

I actually think this is ridiculous.

How can 2 of the back 4 come from a team finishing 11th!?

Cresswell must be in purely because of the goals he scored.

Well done to SC though.

I actually think this is ridiculous.

How can 2 of the back 4 come from a team finishing 11th!?

Cresswell must be in purely because of the goals he scored.

Well done to SC though.

Same reason why Benteke is up for young player of the season, because it is about how the player has played and not the team.

Back