• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Weale (Yeovil)
Nathan Stanton (Sc**thorpe),
Efe Sodje (Huddersfield),
Andy Crosby (Oxford),
Andy Dawson (Hull)
Alex Russell (Torquay),
Michael McIndoe (Doncaster),
Liam Lawrence (Mansfield),
Peter Beagrie (Sc**thorpe)
David Graham (Torquay),
Lee Trundle (Swansea)

I was a little dissapointed not to see Constantine included and it does seem a little strange that neither of the two leading goalscorers were in the team however I don't believe any of our other players were consistent enough in the league to warrant a place in the team of the year.
Theres always next year though
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ April 26 2004,22:44)]Chris Weale (Yeovil)
Nathan Stanton (Sc**thorpe),
Efe Sodje (Huddersfield),
Andy Crosby (Oxford),
Andy Dawson (Hull)
Alex Russell (Torquay),
Michael McIndoe (Doncaster),
Liam Lawrence (Mansfield),
Peter Beagrie (Sc**thorpe)
David Graham (Torquay),
Lee Trundle (Swansea)

I was a little dissapointed not to see Constantine included and it does seem a little strange that neither of the two leading goalscorers were in the team however I don't believe any of our other players were consistent enough in the league to warrant a place in the team of the year.
Theres always next year though  
wink.gif
Disappointed Constantine isn't there but Trundle was always going to make it. He makes Swansea tick. Constantine's unlucky to lose out to Graham though. He's scored his goals in a strugling team with no shortage of spectacular goals. Can't remember the last set of fans who didn't say he was a threat.

Also, does anyone else bear a grudge against Liam Lawrence but can't actually give a reason why? Could be his hair, I don't know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 27 2004,09:19)]Constantine's unlucky to lose out to Graham though.  He's scored his goals in a strugling team with no shortage of spectacular goals.  Can't remember the last set of fans who didn't say he was a threat.
Yeovil?

Blackpool?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,09:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 27 2004,09:19)]Constantine's unlucky to lose out to Graham though.  He's scored his goals in a strugling team with no shortage of spectacular goals.  Can't remember the last set of fans who didn't say he was a threat.
Yeovil?

Blackpool?
Fair point Yeovil.

Blackpool fans were definitely saying he was our most potent threat.  That's probably the reason why he had our best chances of the match and when we finally got the ball out to him, he started taking on their left back.

Not sure but I think voting was done several months ago , before Leon really started banging them in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 27 2004,09:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,09:27)]
[b said:
Yeovil?

Blackpool?
Fair point Yeovil.

Blackpool fans were definitely saying he was our most potent threat.  That's probably the reason why he had our best chances of the match and when we finally got the ball out to him, he started taking on their left back.
Yeovil that's one game out of all of them, come on surely everyone can have an off day especially when the team played absolutely rubbish!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,10:43)]Not sure but I think voting was done several months ago , before Leon really started banging them in.
Bingo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 27 2004,16:03)]Votes were collected in Jan when Trundle was on fire ...

Kev
When the season is barely past the half way stage? Genius..................
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
blues.gif

I think you'll find that the nominations run along individual performances rather than team performance ...

WS

Back