• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PHEV car

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Anyone got one of these and any recommendations?
I am thinking of getting a Mitsibushi PHEV in near future as my mileage is generally 30 miles or less each day and so my fuel bill, from petrol, ought to shrink.
I need an estate SUV type so 330e BMW is out of the question until station wagon is being produced.
Thoughts peeps?

I am thinking of getting a Mitsibushi PHEV in near future as my mileage is generally 30 miles or less each day and so my fuel bill, from petrol, ought to shrink.
I need an estate SUV type so 330e BMW is out of the question until station wagon is being produced.
Thoughts peeps?
I'm holding out for the 330e touring I think, which is anticipated in the summer. Although COVID-19 has put car buying on the back burner for now.

Thoughts peeps?

If you're looking at a new car, seriously look at people like this:

Tusker

I'm holding out for the 330e touring I think, which is anticipated in the summer. Although COVID-19 has put car buying on the back burner for now.
Yes, that is a strong contender, my daughter has a 530e and gets about 35 mile on a charge, again no estate version yet: and golf e models are rarer than hens teeth.

35 miles, that all?
Yes, then it is onto petrol with a top up on the battery when it can. Admittedly that isn't a long distance but it does for town driving on my limited journeys. And more charging points will mean that for example, a Chelmsford or Bluewater trip it can be recharged there and a non petrol day racked up.

If you're looking at a new car, seriously look at people like this:

Tusker
Hmmmmm
No idea if they are any good or not, but the example comparison on their website seems to assume that the buyer not using them has FA idea how to shop around.
Breakdown cover 144
Insurance for a 40 year old on a Zoe £1100 !
Seriously ?

Hmmmmm
No idea if they are any good or not, but the example comparison on their website seems to assume that the buyer not using them has FA idea how to shop around.
Breakdown cover 144
Insurance for a 40 year old on a Zoe £1100 !
Seriously ?

But you don't have to take any of that. You can shop around, and get an even better deal. Even if you didn't you'd still be paying less than going to a dealer.

Sl
But you don't have to take any of that. You can shop around, and get an even better deal. Even if you didn't you'd still be paying less than going to a dealer.
i think you have totally missed my point. Their example “illustrates how good their deal is by giving ridiculously inflated numbers.
Like I said they may be giving a decent deal, but their illustration is dog ****

Sl

i think you have totally missed my point. Their example “illustrates how good their deal is by giving ridiculously inflated numbers.
Like I said they may be giving a decent deal, but their illustration is dog ****

I know what you meant. I think the example is there to sow the seeds and ensure people are aware that you can get insurance etc through them as well.

How about the BMW mini or 2 series phev, I don't think I have seen one, none for sale at Fairfields, are they any good?
The VW Gte golf and passata look fine but mega money.

How about the BMW mini or 2 series phev, I don't think I have seen one, none for sale at Fairfields, are they any good?
The VW Gte golf and passata look fine but mega money.

I have a 2 series (not a PHEV) though and I love it...

Back