• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So out of £730bn expenditure each year you've accounted
for 0.005% of it, and £36m of that is on housing benefit, something a lot of people support. Why would we riot over this?

You clearly have no idea !

I have an an insider who works for a council somewhere in Essex,this person has detailed knowledge of council spending,where it goes and to whom.The council and this person will remain private for obvious reasons.

Nearly 2 million on taxi cabs for the "deprived"!
36 million on housing benefit!
1 family receives £2400 every 4 weeks in benefits !

Just for starters.

Ok, that's three 'facts'. I hadn't originally realised you meant local gov't, but there is nothing there that won't be part of any published expenditure accounts issued or obtained by Freedom of Information requests. The one thing that neither Central Gov't or Local Authorities can escape is explaining how the money is spent. They all have a legal requirement to tell the electorate. A simple visit to any Council or Gov't Dep't website will provide that information.
So what have you got that is not in the public domain?
Question%20NEW%20OCT2.gif

Ok, that's three 'facts'. I hadn't originally realised you meant local gov't, but there is nothing there that won't be part of any published expenditure accounts issued or obtained by Freedom of Information requests. The one thing that neither Central Gov't or Local Authorities can escape is explaining how the money is spent. They all have a legal requirement to tell the electorate. A simple visit to any Council or Gov't Dep't website will provided that information. So what have you got that is not in the public domain?

Go on then ask your local council these questions under freedom of information,The response if any will be along the lines of "welfare budget" or whatever they call it,they will give you one large number which accounts for a whole range of items,they will never tell you individual costs.

Whether it it sounds factual or not,what I have said is 100% accurate.Ever wondered why we all pay huge council tax?

If these transport services / Taxi Cabs get Kids into school, or a disabled person to a doctors appointment...whats the problem?

If these transport services / Taxi Cabs get Kids into school, or a disabled person to a doctors appointment...whats the problem?

When the parents either cannot be arsed to drive them or because they are still drunk or drugged up,depends on your outlook I suppose,I work bloody hard for my cash which goes toward these madcap schemes.

When the parents either cannot be arsed to drive them or because they are still drunk or drugged up,depends on your outlook I suppose,I work bloody hard for my cash which goes toward these madcap schemes.

And here we have a great example of why reading The Daily Mail is a very bad thing.

I've always considered myself a floating voter. In fact I've been called a floater a fair few times. I do actually read the party manifestos and try to give my vote to the party that not only I identify my own views the most, but also who I think will do the best for the British people, whatever walk of life they find themselves in. In the past 3 general elections I've voted for 3 different parties and my local / European voting patterns are similarly spread.

Perhaps Labour need to dwell on something that occurred to me this morning. I now haven't voted for them in over a decade. It's pretty clear there's millions of people whose votes have gone similarly awry for them. Instead of whinging about ideologies, which politicians do most of the time whilst forgetting about the public who put them there to whinge, Labour in particular need to cut out a culture of blame, and go back to what they were set up for, helping the disenfranchised and less fortunate.

With three leaders gone in the past 24 hours, there is an opportunity for something that would genuinely help the British public. The Conservatives need a strong opposition to keep them in check, to ensure they do the right thing for everyone. With Clegg, Farage and Miliband gone, and Cameron by his own admission on his way out, the time is right for a change in the whole political landscape, not just one area.

I see.
Have you considered that by getting that child to school it saves money?

I see.
Have you considered that by getting that child to school it saves money?

I think it's pretty selfish that people have children then say "it's not my duty to get them to school or feed them",one of the problems in this country it's always someone else's problem!

I think it's pretty selfish that people have children then say "it's not my duty to get them to school or feed them",one of the problems in this country it's always someone else's problem!

That may well be.

However I was asking if you had considered that by sending a child to school it saves money.

Go on then ask your local council these questions under freedom of information,The response if any will be along the lines of "welfare budget" or whatever they call it,they will give you one large number which accounts for a whole range of items,they will never tell you individual costs.

The thing about FOI requests is that if you ask the right questions then the answers must be given, including detail. That was the reason for their introduction, public accountability. I was on the receiving end of loads of these before I retired and believe me, there is no hiding place. The point I am making is that if someone is sufficiently interested no public spending is secret as you originally suggested. The fact that you don't like the way some funding is spent does not make it secret nor worthy of a riot.

The thing about FOI requests is that if you ask the right questions then the answers must be given, including detail. That was the reason for their introduction, public accountability. I was on the receiving end of loads of these before I retired and believe me, there is no hiding place. The point I am making is that if someone is sufficiently interested no public spending is secret as you originally suggested. The fact that you don't like the way some funding is spent does not make it secret nor worthy of a riot.

I admire your stubborn approach,as I stated you or anyone on here ask them!

I admire your stubborn approach,as I stated you or anyone on here ask them!

There is absolutely nothing stubborn about my approach. FOIs exist and if you have a legitimate need for the information and want to know the answers, you ask the question.

There is absolutely nothing stubborn about my approach. FOIs exist and if you have a legitimate need for the information and want to know the answers, you ask the question.

For the third and final time,ask them then,I'm not trying to be funny/rude/ or any other thing you can think of !

For the third and final time,ask them then,I'm not trying to be funny/rude/ or any other thing you can think of !

I don't want/need to ask anyone anything. This was about the fact that you thought you knew secret stuff the rest of us didn't. Time to stop though, I think.

Last edited:
Back