• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think you have little understanding of how political deal making works. Lib Dems achieved the 10k personal allowance, various cabinet positions - not just making up the numbers. As for what the SNP wanted - I'm sure I don't need to remind you of Alex Salmond saying he'd be writing the budget. And yes, on that basis their influence in Parliament would have been illegitimate.

Labour would have prostituted themselves to Sinn Fein if needed to tip the balance. They happily appease the other separatists.

Nonsense as usual.

Salmond was quite clearly joking about "writing the budget".Miliband made it quite clear, pre-election, that he wasn't prepared to do any sort of deal with the SNP.

Sinn Fein's five elected MP's have never taken their seats.And never will.They pracise an absentionist policy.The clue's in the name-it means, "Ourselves Alone."

I think you have little understanding of how political deal making works. Lib Dems achieved the 10k personal allowance, various cabinet positions - not just making up the numbers. As for what the SNP wanted - I'm sure I don't need to remind you of Alex Salmond saying he'd be writing the budget. And yes, on that basis their influence in Parliament would have been illegitimate.

Labour would have prostituted themselves to Sinn Fein if needed to tip the balance. They happily appease the other separatists.
Well the Tories claim £10k tax was their policy. Their cabinet members just pushed through Tory policy as far as I can tell.

Alex Salmond is not even party leader and it was clearly a joke. Do you usually think that everything he says is the way things will be? You have a much greater opinion of his importance and influence than I do.

The votes of any member of Parliament should not be deemed illegitimate - especially during an election or you risk......alienating the people that choose them as their representative.

Seriouly not helping your argument by claiming that Labour would prostitute themselves for a party that has no MPs in Westminster - as scare tactics go that really is as ludicrous as they come.

Back