• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Ok we have seen Woody struggle,then Barney struggle,then Shaq struggle and now we have Cassidy!

Cass came here with 5 in 57 appearances so anyone surprised in his 6 games here he has scored 0 !

I don't get it sorry everyone,but why sign such a player who has a ratio of nearly 1 in 13,we are goal starved and sign a goal starved player,Saturday he looked ok with a few flicks and a couple of darting runs but he never ever looked like scoring.

Without checking these 4 between them have had around 70 appearances probably even more and scored 7 or 8.

Cass needs a few double quick if we are to maintain any real promotion push,come on Cass score you bugger!

Cassidy's hold up play is superb and his runs into the channels that pull defenders with him creating space. Pigott wouldn't have scored half the goals he has if Cassidy wasn't in the side.

Oh dear, another pretty pointless thread on strikers
:facepalm:

You clearly don't understand Cassidy's role in the team! Substitute Blair Sturrock's name in his dad's first season and it's the same story.

Cassidy's hold up play is superb and his runs into the channels that pull defenders with him creating space. Pigott wouldn't have scored half the goals he has if Cassidy wasn't in the side.

Seen him twice and he does pull defenders away but we need goals badly very badly and I don't think he will supply them in any decent number.

Hope I am wrong.

Maybe we signed him because we can't afford Tyrone Barnett.

You take what you can get.

Broken_record2.jpg

Anyone else or just me?

Seen him twice and he does pull defenders away but we need goals badly very badly and I don't think he will supply them in any decent number.

Hope I am wrong.

I agree it would be nice to see him get a goal but he still has a vital role in the side at the moment. He's played a game less than Pigott and on Pigott's debut he was up front on his own and looked very isolated.

Since Cassidy came into the side at Oxford, Pig went on to score 4 in 5 as he does the donkey work creating the space.

*Awaits pun about pig and donkey*

Oh dear, another pretty pointless thread on strikers
:facepalm:

You clearly don't understand Cassidy's role in the team! Substitute Blair Sturrock's name in his dad's first season and it's the same story.

Oh I understood Blair's role and what he brought to the party but his dad make sure the team attacked their third at will.

Hope I am wrong.

talk me through how we scored our goals last week :winking:.
also in fairness , the amount of times he does a really good run but no one except the crowd seems to see it

Who should we have signed then? I heard this chap Messi is pretty reliable in front of goal?

In all seriousness I agree that the goal ratio of our strikers are less the impressive however I really don't see what viable and obvious alternatives there are that wouldn't have cost us a hefty fee but yet guarantee us goals.

Cassidy was far and away our MotM on Saturday, only to be substituted by Brown which was a very poor decision IMHO. It's such a shame that more people don't recognise just what he gives to this team, he's been a big part of why Pigott has been scoring goals. Would love to see Cassidy bag a couple himself, he deserves it.

We've looked a much better side recently with Pigott and Cassidy up top.

I'm not sure it will help with our goalscoring , but I'm pretty sure Jason Williams is a much faster runner than Cassidy - have you seen him go , he's like lightening.He probably can't hold the ball up as well , or make intelligent runs that create yards of space or occupy one of two centre backs and give them a torrid time in the first half of a game.But forget that , this boy is seriously fast , I mean faster than you've ever seen.

I assume this thread is just a wind up?
I always like throwing in a negative comment about Tilson every now and then - always fuels the fire and drives the natives wild!

I wish I could speak French so that I could understand what I am feeling right now.

My French is very rusty but you might try 'complet putain couilles'. It works for me:smile: Not allowed to give my English translation cos Ricey's swear filter would get me!!

Maybe it would be easier if he ever got the ball in a place where he could have a shot?

442 was meant to be the magic answer to that, now thats failed we are back to chastising strikers I see.

Maybe its in his contract...

Attachments

• award.jpg
    award.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 27
I am at a total loss as to what the dickens that 'rumbles' is on about. Is it any wonder she receives so much abuse? A complete waste of time thread. I don't know about the swear filter but we need to get a numpty sieve.

Back