• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
His overall record as manager is under 30% and his time at this club is 11%!,1 win from 8 does not forebode well and I honestly believe next season if the club reach the dizzy heights of mid table it would be a credible achievement yet I suspect we could easily be in trouble at the wrong end of the table.

The team IMO lack warriors in midfield and defence whilst up top it's the same old story,Brown and the honeymoon period is rapidly ending sooner than I thought and the guy has to start well next season or the pressure will be on him.

Still amazed he took this job.

I would take the last few games with a pinch of salt if I were you. If his much discussed "win ratio" includes situations like the one he was landed with when he took over, it's no wonder it's on the low side.

I suspect he's using these games as experimentation and a means to separate what he believes to be his stayers and leavers.

Next season he will have his own players and be playing in a style he believes can gain promotion and we should judge him from August onwards, much as some of these losses have been painful to watch.

I would not even count the last 8 games .If you look at things fairly then start next season is game one in Browns own leadership .Then give him 3 months if results don't improve or get worse then go looking for his head . As its been stated yesterday in the summer he will bring in his own back room staff his own playing staff .Lets just enjoy the summer and watch how the staff and team grow . HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL .:smile:

These end of season games mean nothing at all as to how Brown will do next season. He will chop out the very dead wood, that lacks skill and the character to win at home. He had to talk up our present squad until the last game had ended. Now he is free to be his own man.

He has many contacts in football and I am sure is already pulling strings and following up likely players for next season. I am looking foward with interest as to how he goes about it! :winking:

He has done better than Dick Bate whose first 8 games were : - Won 0, Drawn 2, Lost 6.

Not strictly true. Bate won a League Cup tie against Brentford to set up the great victory over Derby (by which time, thankfully, he'd gone).

So, a worse record than Dick Bate. Wow, that's saying something !!

I would take the last few games with a pinch of salt if I were you. If his much discussed "win ratio" includes situations like the one he was landed with when he took over, it's no wonder it's on the low side.

I suspect he's using these games as experimentation and a means to separate what he believes to be his stayers and leavers.

Next season he will have his own players and be playing in a style he believes can gain promotion and we should judge him from August onwards, much as some of these losses have been painful to watch.

Are you serious? I suspect that he really isn't a very good manager and we are in deep trouble. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong, but his picking players he hadn't even seen play in their natural positions completely out of position at Wembley wasn't "experimenting", it was catastrophically poor judgement.

Last 8 games from Luggy and Phil .

Luggy 2 3 3
Phil 1 3 4

Being fair the current crop of players are poo !

Being fair the current crop of players are poo !
But this is just it, they aren't.

Ok, we've been unfortunate with injuries but by and large its the same set of players who took the team into an automatic promotion place earlier in the season.

I don't think the problem lies with the players abilities.

Ok, we've been unfortunate with injuries but by and large its the same set of players who took the team into an automatic promotion place earlier in the season.

Last 16 games,2 managers and only 3 wins between them suggests either both managers cannot motivate the players or the players are Indeed poo!,Those stats are woeful and relegation form.Of course PB needs time but will he get it?

I think your right. It is the ability to support manager and players thoroughly from above that is not good.

Last 16 games,2 managers and only 3 wins between them suggests either both managers cannot motivate the players or the players are Indeed poo!,Those stats are woeful and relegation form.Of course PB needs time but will he get it?
Personally I await next season with excitement and fear. I'm a football pessimist and I honestly don't think PB will do a Mad Dog at Gillingham.

I'm also very wary of this not judging PB on the team PS put together. I have seen nothing to suggest PB can motivate the team any better than PS has done, I was hoping for an immediate reaction but there's been nothing. I still don't understand why RM made the change but I guess that's old news.

I will give PB time but I cannot see him being a success, I await to be proved wrong and indeed I hope I am.

Ridiculous post from another PB basher. You criticise the team put together by Paul Sturrock - yet blame PB.
I do not give a **** about the win ratio at other clubs. I will judge PB from next season - after an opportunity to add at least a few of his own players!

This nonsense about Sturrock has to stop. Did a decent job at times. Lovely guy - left us with a poor and totally un-interested set of players.

Ridiculous post from another PB basher. You criticise the team put together by Paul Sturrock - yet blame PB.
I do not give a **** about the win ratio at other clubs. I will judge PB from next season - after an opportunity to add at least a few of his own players!

This nonsense about Sturrock has to stop. Did a decent job at times. Lovely guy - left us with a poor and totally un-interested set of players.

Facts are Luggy managed 2 wins from his final 8 games 25% and his overall record is 40%,Whilst Phil has a far inferior record here and at other clubs.

Facts are Luggy managed 2 wins from his final 8 games 25% and his overall record is 40%,Whilst Phil has a far inferior record here and at other clubs.

It is a poor squad of players who do not appear to give a damn..apart from one or two.
Paul Sturrock was responsible for this shower. Fact.

Lets see PB's ratio - next season.

It is a poor squad of players who do not appear to give a damn..apart from one or two.
Paul Sturrock was responsible for this shower. Fact.

Lets see PB's ratio - next season.

His record here at Derby and Preston reads played 92 won 21 drew 32 and lost 39 ,So translate those matches into league points(I know some will be cup games) averages just over a point per game,Not good at all.

I still think that it was the return if Mohsni that scuppered us and our season. Had poor team morale whilst he was here, then excellent team morale after he left for the 1st time, and poor once again after he returned. All down hill after that. :'(

I must admit that his start has me worried on a couple of counts 1. the players don't seem at all motivated by the new manager(can you imagine that with somebody like Barry Fry in charge) 2.his teams seem totally unorganised with no clear tactics or style of play.I just hope I'm wrong!!

His overall record as manager is under 30% and his time at this club is 11%!,1 win from 8 does not forebode well and I honestly believe next season if the club reach the dizzy heights of mid table it would be a credible achievement yet I suspect we could easily be in trouble at the wrong end of the table.

The team IMO lack warriors in midfield and defence whilst up top it's the same old story,Brown and the honeymoon period is rapidly ending sooner than I thought and the guy has to start well next season or the pressure will be on him.

Still amazed he took this job.

You've answered your own question. PB has hardly set the world alight and there are probably more questions than answers but this is the same team that was under-performing for Luggy. I'd expect to see a lot of moving players on at the end of this season which will free up wages for the type of players PB wants at the club. No reason to over-react at this stage.

Our biggest problem this year has been our midfield. When you consider that Hall, Grant, and Ferdinand all left for clubs in higher divisions and then Timlin broke his leg our team is nothing like last years.

Back