• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

delr

First XI⭐
During the season I've be a critic of Mr Brown - especially on the coach home from various away games, i also posted criticisms on facebook in the heat of the moment that I'm not particularly proud of.

But the last couple of months have proved me very wrong - what a rollercoaster ride - and to pick the players up after Morecambe deserves full praise.

I therefore apologize to Mr Brown unreservedly and look forward to him leading us forward in League one:thumbsup:

PS - I think he forgave me :smile:

Attachments

• phil brown.jpg
    phil brown.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 139
Well said Del, now for a few more of the Brown haters to admit they were wrong........ :winking:

Yorkshire blue is the main hater. I would like to hear his views. Phil Brown doesn't care...he's been too busy winning. Oh honorable mention for dave webs brain stating the team got promoted despite brown....really? Really.....Some are so blinkered because they don't like the man but fail to acknowledge the manager.

Well said Del, now for a few more of the Brown haters to admit they were wrong........ :winking:

never hated him Kaye - just disliked his management style for a long periods of the season

... but what if he left tomorrow for a Prem club somewhere ?

People would probably abuse him for that.

If he left us for a 'bigger' club fair enough - can't blame anyone for taking a 'better' job

Can we please not have a week of stabbing each other over differences of opinion. I have discovered that on here, even if you stab someone to death, that poster will still rise from the grave and post again. So this week is love and cuddle week, unless, of course, we get the occasional troll on here, in which case kill them by whatever means works. mrsblue, this obviously does not apply to you, I was nice to you yesterday.

The football has been dire,the final was dire,his selections have been at times baffling and dire,but he did it his way so fair play he proved many wrong including me.

Mr Brown's celebration towards the Wycombe fans when we scored warmed me to him even more :thumbsup:

blimey i think I need a lie down :smile:

Yorkshire blue is the main hater. I would like to hear his views. Phil Brown doesn't care...he's been too busy winning. Oh honorable mention for dave webs brain stating the team got promoted despite brown....really? Really.....Some are so blinkered because they don't like the man but fail to acknowledge the manager.

This poster wanted him sacked before the Play-Offs first leg because he picked 4-5-1, so don't expect any apologise from him/her.

On a nicer note, everyone has different opinions...some are right and some are wrong.

My prediction of a top 5 finish and promotion just turned out to be right :winking:

In Brown we trust. I really hope I see a picture of him pen in hand signing a nice 3 year deal with us. Along with Timlin.

Blimey Del, are you still drunk!!! By the way, you owe me 50p :winking: I told you we would take over 20,000 :thumbsup:

Unless you win every game and win every trophy you are never going to have a manager that is liked by everyone. I can understand why people don't warm to Brown, but I feel this constant rubbish on dire football and lack of tactical nous is hugely disrespectful ! He managed a team that was always there or there abouts. He over saw one of the best defensive performances from a team in the entire football league. He finished with a haul of 84 points. He has overseen an overhaul of our fitness and improved players already here before he got here, Lenny and Corr to name a few. Whilst some of his signings ahe disappointed , majority haven't , White, Coker, Worrell to name a few. I feel we are more stable with him and contrary to reports we've read where he had "lost the dressing room" the performances over the last 2 months completely disagree with this. You don't see character in team like we've seen, from a dressing room that doesn't respect the manager.

I've supported for his tenure here and I think we are in a better place if he stays, continue to continuity and build on what we've achived so far.

Utb's

Blimey Del, are you still drunk!!! By the way, you owe me 50p :winking: I told you we would take over 20,000 :thumbsup:

i shall save up over the close season and write you a cheque at our first league one fixture:smile:

Unless you win every game and win every trophy you are never going to have a manager that is liked by everyone. I can understand why people don't warm to Brown, but I feel this constant rubbish on dire football and lack of tactical nous is hugely disrespectful ! He managed a team that was always there or there abouts. He over saw one of the best defensive performances from a team in the entire football league. He finished with a haul of 84 points. He has overseen an overhaul of our fitness and improved players already here before he got here, Lenny and Corr to name a few. Whilst some of his signings ahe disappointed , majority haven't , White, Coker, Worrell to name a few. I feel we are more stable with him and contrary to reports we've read where he had "lost the dressing room" the performances over the last 2 months completely disagree with this. You don't see character in team like we've seen, from a dressing room that doesn't respect the manager.

I've supported for his tenure here and I think we are in a better place if he stays, continue to continuity and build on what we've achived so far.

Utb's

I think Adam saved Phil,his 13 appearances resulted in 10 wins!

I think Adam saved Phil,his 13 appearances resulted in 10 wins!

Yes, AB played an important . As did the other 10 players that played each of these games. You have to look at bigger pictures . If your building something you need to add things along the way. AB had nothing to do with the fitness ofbthe team. Nor the improvement of Lenny and Corr. Nor with signings of Coker and Worrell etc.

Brown also , whether people accept it or not, stood by AB when given his chance, because again invariably he is a manager that rewards players once they start and play well. Also again, just by saying AB is the reason PB kept his job is massively disrespectful to the other players that gave their all when required, including small things such as Prossers first touch against Luton when he came on. Again, these are all factors of a very large respectful team ethic, normally instilled by the manager and his management team !

Utb's

good post TTS - exactly why typed my original post and apology - I was wrong with my opinion of him

Back