• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's just a rumour. The Guardian are destroying the club I love. Give PB a pre-season with his own players! Can we make this go to 20 pages?

Phil Brown is proven at the top level. He should add managing Southend to successive promotions to his CV.

David Moyes

1/20

Jose Mourinho

12/1

Jurgen Klopp

16/1

Manuel Pellegrini

25/1

Mike Phelan

25/1

Andre Villas Boas

25/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

33/1

Laurent Blanc

33/1

Ryan Giggs

33/1

Carlos Queiroz

50/1

Gus Hiddink

50/1

Michael Laudrup

50/1

Carlo Ancelotti

50/1

Gary Neville

100/1

Phil Brown

100/1

Pep Guardiola

100/1

Martin O'Neill

100/1

Roberto Martinez

100/1

Joachim Low

100/1

Fabio Capello

100/1

Paul Scholes

100/1

Marco Van Basten

100/1

Sam Allardyce

100/1

Eric Cantona

100/1

Steve Tilson

100/1

Antonio Conte

100/1

Rene Meulensteen

100/1

Roy Keane

100/1

Harry Redknapp

100/1

Steve McClaren

100/1

David Beckham

100/1

Mark Hughes

100/1

Roberto Di Matteo

100/1

Rafa Benitez

100/1

Darren Ferguson

100/1

Jaap Stam

500/1

Howard Webb

1000/1

Coral's have him at 100- 1 which basically means no chance .

Good to see Tilly in the reckoning too - presume that is recognition that SAF could never beat him

Fergie must be gutted. He has been hanging on for years to complete his 100% success record of having beaten every team he has played whilst manager at Man U. :smile:

I nearly fell of my pearch laughing when i read this thread. :hilarious: PB, come on.

It's like Leveson never happened. When will this vendetta end? I reckon they're sore that we stopped using the pinko lefty away shirts. National service, that'd do it.

Yep. You're right. :thumbsup: And as the colour of those shirts fade they become even worse to look at ...................

"Phil Brown is currently keeping a keen eye on the managerial roundabout that is likely to take place in the North West of England following the news that Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire. Brown was brought in to Southend United to replace the sacked Paul Sturrock and secure a place in the play-offs but his record of 1 win in 10 games has been the subject of discussion between the himself and the chairman. The club has faced winding up orders and embargoes over the last few seasons and it is widely thought that no money will be made available to Brown to rebuild the team that finished a very disappointing 11th in the league. A series of moves such as Everton likely to seek permission to talk to Martinez as well as other speculation concerning clubs such as Port Vale, Bradford, Wolves, Sheffield United and Oldham means that managerial opportunities higher up the football league are available this summer."

Source ........

......... errrhhh, I confess I made it all up. :unsure: But it's all true isn't it?

"Phil Brown is currently keeping a keen eye on the managerial roundabout that is likely to take place in the North West of England following the news that Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire. Brown was brought in to Southend United to replace the sacked Paul Sturrock and secure a place in the play-offs but his record of 1 win in 10 games has been the subject of discussion between the himself and the chairman. The club has faced winding up orders and embargoes over the last few seasons and it is widely thought that no money will be made available to Brown to rebuild the team that finished a very disappointing 11th in the league. A series of moves such as Everton likely to seek permission to talk to Martinez as well as other speculation concerning clubs such as Port Vale, Bradford, Wolves, Sheffield United and Oldham means that managerial opportunities higher up the football league are available this summer."

Source ........

......... errrhhh, I confess I made it all up. :unsure: But it's all true isn't it?

I used to love that programme as a kid.
Dylan , Mr Rusty , Dougal.
Great times............................

I used to love that programme as a kid.
Dylan , Mr Rusty , Dougal.
Great times............................

There was no managerial hierarchy in the original programme. The one you're referring to was the updated New Labour version where the characters were suddenly turned into middle-managers, all charged with bringing costs down in readiness for privatisation. It was retitled 'Prudent Roundabout' and the credits rolled in triplicate. Each viewer had to fill out a waiver and a potential damage assessment before watching. The new Government appointed Duncan-Smith as the 'Roundabout Tzar' and it was quickly decommissioned, with the bald t*at claiming that Zebedee was spending all of his fee on fags and a Sky contract. "I could easily do without both magic and roundabouts. I would very much like to live on a Scottish council estate", he definitely said.

Back