• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Phil Brown & Craig Fagan Sacked

How comes everyone wants Duncan to be sacked now? I think it would be better if he returned to the youth academy and continue doing the brilliant work that he was doing with that.
Because he’s part of the problem.

No complaints from me.

I will say RD has given the club years of service and has played a huge role in this club being able to produce players, and before now has been considered a true asset to the club. I don't think a sacking is necessary for him, but perhaps his best role is head of youth, as it was.

I have no doubt the first person @StanleyVictorCollymore calls tonight is Tilly. Probably not for manager, but I reckon he'll want him involved in a set up. DoF or head of recruitment etc.
Hope Stan does call Tilly, even just for a chat and any advice. Tilly knows Ron and the love for the club is still there, daft not to listen to him.

No complaints from me.

I will say RD has given the club years of service and has played a huge role in this club being able to produce players and before now has been considered an asset to the club. I don't think a sacking is necessary for him, but perhaps his best role is head of youth, as it was.
He holds far too much of a sway with RM. Way, way, way too much power and influence, and returning him to the Academy won't change that. There will be other people who could do that job, and we still retain the coaches of each age group who are the ones who REALLY do the hard graft of developing our youngsters day-to-day.

I have no doubt the first person @StanleyVictorCollymore calls tonight is Tilly. Probably not for manager, but I reckon he'll want him involved in a set up. DoF or head of recruitment etc.
Yep, I'd be on the phone to him too. Maybe not as Manager but I don't think a role of some kind would hurt. He has a fantastic knowledge of the Essex non-league scene and could identify players from there who would bust a nut to play for SUFC. If we want to go in that direction, we could do much worse than involving him in some way.

Good tactic by Ron to deflect the attention from him. Had to be done though.

I had always had the upmost respect for Ricky Duncan, but are the rumours actually fact? Shipping out some of our best talent as a means to line his own pockets?

If true he absolutely has to go.

Next manager is anyone’s guess?

Adam B?

Knowing Ron he’s already tapped someone up…

Can't say I'm surprised but I'm not sure what difference a new manager will make.

Last edited:
Good tactic by Ron to deflect the attention from him. Had to be done though.

I had always had the upmost respect for Ricky Duncan, but are the rumours actually fact? Shipping out some of our best talent as a means to line his own pockets?

If true he absolutely has to go.

Next manager is anyone’s guess?

Adam B?

Knowing Ron he’s already tapped someone up…
Something's not right when we're not fighting to keep our best young talent and push them into our first team. Look at Dan Bentley, Jack Payne, etc in the past

All of whom played plenty of league games for us before moving onto bigger things.

I would get Danny Searle, plays good football, brings in good hungry players and worked miracles at Aldershot with no money

There are some things I like about Phil and others not so much but do feel he made a decent stab of keeping us up last season when he came in in a near impossible position.

That said I have not been impressed with many of the new signings and his choice of the front two today was the final straw for me.

Goodbye and good luck Phil..

Back