• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Phil Brown eager to get Southend United up and running

And if he was being sponsored the charity loses out. It seems to be a PR stunt along the lines of "I am 100 per cent committed to improving the team and nothing will get in the way of that"
Just results

To be fair, Aldershot hadn't got a point and Torquay also were down the bottom end. If we can't aim to get 5-7 points from those 3 games them we probably don't deserve to be even in this league.
Ok so based on the fact Aldershot and Torquay were poor sides? They probably looked at Southend United and thought the same. This is the issue, no 'easy' games and we're gonna have to fight for every single point.. nobody is rolling over.

Based on what, out of interest?
At the start of that week we were in an ok position and just come off the back of nearly beating Wrexham. I accept that my knowledge of this league isnt great but Aldershot had lost all five games played and Torquay had lost all home games conceding 11 goals in the process. So on that basis i think 5-7 points was gettable ... at the time

Ok so based on the fact Aldershot and Torquay were poor sides? They probably looked at Southend United and thought the same. This is the issue, no 'easy' games and we're gonna have to fight for every single point.. nobody is rolling over.
no argument there at all. Wealdstone away proved what we are up against. But before Halifax we had only lost one game so no reason to go into those three games with optimism and actually the first 60-65 minutes against Wrexham was the best weve played this season, unfortunately not since

Engage brain before opening mouth Phil. You do realise that what you have just said has written your own demise if you fail to gain points from the next three matches....?
In fairness to Brown - which is something I’m finding more and more difficult to say these days - at least he’s putting the pressure on himself for once.

Whether PB says it or not, we all know the next three games are going to be important for any decision as to his future.

Of all the things he’s said recently, this to me is the least controversial.

I don't really see what not running the marathon on Sunday is going to do to help
Again nothing controversial here. He was running the marathon. He now recognises that, with a game midweek, his focus and attention needs to be with Southend. Would much rather hear PB talking about his focus and attention like this than throwing players under the bus.

If we’re going to criticise him (and there’s a lot of ammunition for that already), we should at least try to be reasonable with it.

Engage brain before opening mouth Phil. You do realise that what you have just said has written your own demise if you fail to gain points from the next three matches....?
Ron likely had already told him that was the case. I think it’s a matter of public record that Ron gave Sir Chris Powell a similar warning before Peterborough(?). Unfortunately we didn’t win.

I think Ron also told Molesley he had to win before the Walsall game in November - MM did win that and earned a brief stay of execution.

I've followed in Phil Brown's footsteps today and I've told my boss that I'm gonna stop focusing on personal hobbies and start focusing on my job.

I got sacked.

turns out I should have been doing that since the start ... Weird right ?!?!

We'll win one of the next three, which will keep PB in his job.
Do not bank on it. RM seemed quite edgy about the lack of wins in the last Zoom meeting and things have got worse since then. RM will be comparing PB's Southend with Paul Hurst's successful Grimsby team - which unlike Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport - has had a similar or perhaps even smaller budget than Southend. Another defeat at Solihull on Saturday could bring the axe down on PB.

Back