• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Phil Brown feels it is key Southend United keep hold of Elvis Bwomono

Elvis has the mobility Aquah lacks.
Sure, he makes defensive mistakes, but he would skin more than a few NL defenders.
Sadly, and like others, I feel we're not going to find out.

We've been relegated twice in succession. There are no players - not one - that I wouldn't be happy to lose. We need to clear out and we're in danger of not doing. There will be plenty of players out there looking for contracts this summer - don't worry about empty seats on the bus.

We've been relegated twice in succession. There are no players - not one - that I wouldn't be happy to lose. We need to clear out and we're in danger of not doing. There will be plenty of players out there looking for contracts this summer - don't worry about empty seats on the bus.

Looking at some of our recruitment in the last few years we have filled regularly those empty seats with players who are worse than those released. Its got so bad we have ended up looking like the EFL special needs bus.

Most of those that were with us during the League 1 relegation left.

Out of the 22 players to have played 10+ games from our League 1 relegation season, 13 of them had left by the end of September.

In fact, only 1 of those 22 is contracted for next season (White). Four offered new contracts (Oxley, Demetriou, Bwomono, and Dieng) and two will stay for pre-season (Ralph and Lennon). I'd be surprised if more than 1 of those 6 are with us next season.

Looking at those numbers, we had a big clear out and ended up in a worse position.

That'll be ricky duncans input i guess he said elvis was the best defender in league 2.

Like with all the rest of last years squad i wont lose any sleep if they leave.

He owes the club at least one season in the national league as he was one of a bad bunch!!
totally agree some of these players owe to the club and supporters to stay and help us get out of this league they put us there buy not playing there best so they should sign at least for a season and show us what they can do

Didn’t moan or complain ? It’s common knowledge to many he’s breaking his arm off to move away from Southend over the last 2-3 seasons ..
He hasn't done a very good job of it. And he's had enough examples of how to do it in Cox, Kelman, Piggot and others

He really doesn’t. Been a top pro, never moaned or complained and for a long time looked like the only one who gave a ****. He didn’t have the best season last season, but no one did. If he can get himself a decent move, he’d leave with my blessing.
U must have not been watching the games then

U must have not been watching the games then
Now now Stevie boy, you spent all of last season yanking our collective chains with your posts over all things team. And then, at the end of the season, you came out with a couple of posts that were both sensible and thought through. You are going to have to make up your mind what Shrimpet you want to be this season and then stick with it because I now know there is a normal person lurking in the background somewhere.

I don't get this "too good for conference" thing; arguably the National League has bigger teams in it than League Two. If he got offered a League One team, yeah, understand that, but let's face it, League Two is pretty poor.
League two is poor and I expect the conference to be even worse. My opinion that Elvis is too good for the conference means I believe he can and deserves to play at a higher level.

Having watched virtually all of his appearances on iFollow (ok I know it's not the full picture) for the past few years I find it hard to detect much development or improvement since his debut. Yes, he is full of endeavour and works hard but defensively, he is so often caught out of position, is guilty of ballwatching and lacks positional awareness. Going forward, he seldom produces a threatening cross and tends to pass backwards when over the halfway line. His throws are awful, usually negative. Not all his fault of course when there is so little movement from his team mates. Entirely neutral if he stays or goes, JD could revert to his old position and would present more of an attacking threat.

Yes, he is full of endeavour and works hard but defensively, he is so often caught out of position, is guilty of ballwatching and lacks positional awareness.
I seem to remember a lot of very similar comments on here years ago about Simon Francis, who went on to become a key defender for Bournemouth in the Championship and Premier League.

Why is it that some supporters on here think that players 'owe the club or fans'. Why should they? The reverse argument could be made towards the players who have been released, does the club and or fans owe them loyalty and so a new contract?

Some fans think it's ok for them to slag off or abuse players, yet then demand loyalty in return from others.

I bet some on here who demand loyalty from players have packed in one job for another to better themselves, where was their loyalty?

Why is it that some supporters on here think that players 'owe the club or fans'. Why should they? The reverse argument could be made towards the players who have been released, does the club and or fans owe them loyalty and so a new contract?

Some fans think it's ok for them to slag off or abuse players, yet then demand loyalty in return from others.

I bet some on here who demand loyalty from players have packed in one job for another to better themselves, where was their loyalty?

I still have my evening Eho paper round

Back