• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Phil Brown feels it is key Southend United keep hold of Elvis Bwomono

Elvis owes us nothing - always given his all and hardly ever been out injured so we have had our money's worth - you thought Ranger and Mellis would be our saviours - remind me how that turned out ?
Ranger was unlucky and never saw mellis play so u can hardly compare elvis to those two?

Why is it that some supporters on here think that players 'owe the club or fans'. Why should they? The reverse argument could be made towards the players who have been released, does the club and or fans owe them loyalty and so a new contract?

Some fans think it's ok for them to slag off or abuse players, yet then demand loyalty in return from others.

I bet some on here who demand loyalty from players have packed in one job for another to better themselves, where was their loyalty?

spot on, this. If they sign a two-year contract, they owe us two years, nothing else. If we wanted more we should’ve offered a longer contract.

Whilst every position on the pitch can be deemed 'key', with JD and RH able to play at Right Back then I would suggest that there are other positions far more 'key' starting up front.

Elvis has been a good servant and would easily be a stand out player in the NL, but along with some others on here, I believe this is probably PB 'bigging' Elvis up prior to him moving on and maximizing income that we would derive from this.

Whilst every position on the pitch can be deemed 'key', with JD and RH able to play at Right Back then I would suggest that there are other positions far more 'key' starting up front.

Elvis has been a good servant and would easily be a stand out player in the NL, but along with some others on here, I believe this is probably PB 'bigging' Elvis up prior to him moving on and maximizing income that we would derive from this.

Which is exactly what PB should be doing, if it was Barry Fry fans would be begrudgingly admiring 'Judas'

Humphry's and Kelman walked away cheaply whilst others were still setting up their spread sheets.

I can tell you for a fact that Kelman was watched by a big PL club but his unfit and Lazy performance made them change their mind.

Phil is starting to worry me.....Elvis was one of the worst players in a terrible team every week....along with wanting to keep Oxley, does he have any idea?
The fact M.M was so bad makes his appointment ok but doesn’t seem to know much about our worst performers this season!

He’s recently come out publicly saying he wants to stay, and help us get back into the football league right?. We will see how much he wants to help get us up over the next few weeks won’t we.

He was asked a leading question and he said he'd like to stay. And I am sure he would stay, if nothing better comes along. However, football is a short career, the guy owes us nothing and loyalty cuts both ways. You can bet your mortgage that if things changed and he became a player we didn't want any more, the club would be shot of him quick as a flash.

Where's the loyalty from fans towards Goodship/Acquah?

Exactly.

Agreed in terms of loyalty and its non existence but its just frustrating when players constantly com out with such comments, only to leave the next week. Just keep stoom unless you really mean it.

As for Goodship and Acquah, i fail to see where our loyalty would come into it on 2 players who between thee have scored 3 goals all season?. These are both meant to be strikers not left backs and their jobs are to score goals.

Phil is starting to worry me.....Elvis was one of the worst players in a terrible team every week....along with wanting to keep Oxley, does he have any idea?
The fact M.M was so bad makes his appointment ok but doesn’t seem to know much about our worst performers this season!

Thats the problem with PB he just won't listen. Both Ricky Duncan and Criag Fagan have banged on his door and said Elvis is rubbish let him leave on a free. With no compensation.

Ron Martin has also said "I don't care if the defence only conceded 14 goals in the last 20 league games......They all have to go "

Its prove that 51% of fans have all the answers.

Agree with @Paulie Walnuts .
I might want to be 'loyal' to a car that no longer works, maybe for sentimental reasons.
But if it aint working, it gets replaced.
Goodship and Aquah need new clubs and a fresh start.
But the former, now 26, will do well to get a league club, and Aquah is going to have to make a hell of a development to do same.

As for Goodship and Acquah, i fail to see where our loyalty would come into it on 2 players who between thee have scored 3 goals all season?. These are both meant to be strikers not left backs and their jobs are to score goals.
I think that's their point, the only time fans are loyal to players is when they're good, if they're too crap for the team then fans don't care about them being given the boot no matter how hard they've tried. Is it really loyalty if you only show it to players that benefit you? It's not really loyalty to want to get a good player to sign a new deal, that's just common sense. Even with the good players is it really showing loyalty to guilt trip them into staying for our benefit instead of wishing them well if they want to move on to bigger and better things?

Thats the problem with PB he just won't listen. Both Ricky Duncan and Criag Fagan have banged on his door and said Elvis is rubbish let him leave on a free. With no compensation.

Ron Martin has also said "I don't care if the defence only conceded 14 goals in the last 20 league games......They all have to go "

Its prove that 51% of fans have all the answers.
Ricky Duncan said Elvis was the best defender in league 2

Agree with @Paulie Walnuts .
I might want to be 'loyal' to a car that no longer works, maybe for sentimental reasons.
But if it aint working, it gets replaced.
Goodship and Aquah need new clubs and a fresh start.
But the former, now 26, will do well to get a league club, and Aquah is going to have to make a hell of a development to do same.

So to flip it round, if you've given three years of your career to a club that no longer works, you replace it.

Back