• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I have no association with the young man in this article but when I read it I thought it was worthy of sharing on here. I think it is a good example of the work that goes on behind the scenes within the club. If any of Adam's family are SZ members then please pass on my good wishes for his recovery, and well done Phil, Ryan and Myles.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/adam-wright-visit-2976103.aspx

I am going to own up to having had a little hand in this one, Adam's deputy head master at Appleton and his wife know me and his DH also coaches his football team. Mrs DH approached me to see if we could help out and then a friend who knows Adam's mother really well asked the same thing.

We'd already discussed a visit, SK was keen for Phil to go and visit and then, my friend was able to give me the necessary contact details and information for the club to be able to carry out this visit. The write up looks strangely familiar too!!! :whistling:

Some lovely comments on FB about this, and delighted to have had a small hand in giving Adam and his friends an unforgettable afternoon.

really impressed with this . I wrongly assumed that everything they did was in the local area. It takes a lot more time and effort to get to Euston than to visit Southend Hospital

OBL- well done

I am going to own up to having had a little hand in this one, Adam's deputy head master at Appleton and his wife know me and his DH also coaches his football team. Mrs DH approached me to see if we could help out and then a friend who knows Adam's mother really well asked the same thing.

We'd already discussed a visit, SK was keen for Phil to go and visit and then, my friend was able to give me the necessary contact details and information for the club to be able to carry out this visit. The write up looks strangely familiar too!!! :whistling:

Some lovely comments on FB about this, and delighted to have had a small hand in giving Adam and his friends an unforgettable afternoon.

Great work OBL

It makes me proud to be a shrimper with supporters like OBL and the family club we know and love, this shows to me what a real Southend supporter is.
Well done OBL and the club

Speedy recovery Adam, get back soon to cheer on the boys to promotion and a Championship season to look forward in 16/17

UTS

You're too kind, I was just happy to help - as my friend said, it was nice to be able to play the "who you know" card and for it to have turned out so well.

As UWS says, the fact that they went up to UCLH shows just the value that our Club puts on its supporters - massive thanks to SK, the Commercial department, Phil, Lenny and Myles.

Back