• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Albert

Youth Team⭐
I couldn't believe what I was hearing when they interviewed Brown on BBC Essex after yesterdays game.
He laid the blame for the loss firmly and solely on Sean Clohessy. He made the point about him being a senior professional, player of the season etc etc that made a mistake that cost us the game. After seeing Sean's long goodbye walk around the ground then listening to this I just can't see him being here next term.

I can't see PB getting the respect of the players if he carries on like that.

All I would say is that if the manager publicly blames players for their mistakes he must take it when the public blames him for his failings.

If you give it, you also have to be able to take it.

The future's dim -- the future's orange.

All I would say is that if the manager publicly blames players for their mistakes he must take it when the public blames him for his failings.

If you give it, you also have to be able to take it.

The future's dim -- the future's orange.

Sorry state of affairs when the manager goes public.

Sorry state of affairs when the manager goes public.

And I'm afraid he has previous with this in the most big time of ways. The rollocking of the players at Hull on the pitch with fans in earshot springs to mind.

FFS - stop the manager bashing.
He has PS's crap squad. start bashing him if we are as poor this time next year!

You lot are enjoying the poor performances - left by your Love God - PS. He left a CRAP and deflated squad. ****ing hopeless!

He has PS's crap squad. start bashing him if we are as poor this time next year!

You lot are enjoying the poor performances - left by your Love God - PS. He left a CRAP and deflated squad. ****ing hopeless!

Chill out chap you are in meltdown.

FFS - why can't you accept that lacking confidence in Brown is not directly correlated to loving PS?

And we know the key to good management is to publicly criticise the players :stunned:

Your blind optimism of PB is touching, many of us have seen nothing to get encouraged about.

I have nothing against Brown so Im not bashing, but if you blame a result on one player then thats not on.

Try scoring a goal or two, that'll be a help.

With respect we've pointed out facts. Clohessy being so obviously singled out, giving Hull players a going over on the pitch etc. He has to be careful as its a very delicate line to tread but in Clohessy's if he is off then Brown may well think he got away with it. Brown has had 8 games. I agree this was mainly being used as an exercise to " sort the wheat from the chaff" but Ron did say clearly another reason for his appointment was that it would do wonders for re-inventing norale but it hasn't. As I said on another thread the Chairman has to take this on the chin as well because his antics have sapped morale and enthusiasm. As for Luggy I'm not saying he was a god but we had two reasonably good seasons under him consifdering those circumstances. But sometime those circumstances take hold and a manager is left in an impossible situation. But as said there has been talk Players don't feel endeared to Brown, I wonder how many do in the FL, as he seemed to find it difficult getting a job for over a year. One club actually were keen on him but dramatically changed their mind. Readi into that what you will. But sensible things is I doubt he'll be going anytime soon so lets see what he does over the summer and judge him properly next season.

I am not optimistic. I am willing to give the guy a chance.
He got Hull City to the Prem and kept them there a season.
Just wait and see!

If you judged a manager on what he says to the press - then SAF, Clough, Mourinho et all are no good.

It is all about how we do NEXT season. Give him a chance - at least until Christmas.

Just wait and see!

If you judged a manager on what he says to the press - then SAF, Clough, Mourinho et all are no good.

It is all about how we do NEXT season. Give him a chance - at least until Christmas.

Clough and Jose can back it up with much silverware whilst Phil cannot.

This has nothing to do with the squad he's inherited who I agree are not playing as well as they should, but for a manager to pick out a single player for public blame is bad management. It's a team game, I'm sure from your reaction you never heard the interview. And as others have said ctiicising Brown doesn't mean you have a Love God Sturrock. Life's not that simple.

As for a deflated squad; well that should have been one of his first jobs to raise morale and get them working for the team again.

Just wait and see!

Kevin, I don't think anyone would or should argue against giving the man until Christmas but the games he has been in charge don't seem to have improved on the last games under PS.

I would have liked to have seen an improvement since he has been in charge --- if only by players out to gain new contracts. Surely not too much to hope for.

This has nothing to do with the squad he's inherited who I agree are not playing as well as they should, but for a manager to pick out a single player for public blame is bad management. It's a team game, I'm sure from your reaction you never heard the interview. And as others have said ctiicising Brown doesn't mean you have a Love God Sturrock. Life's not that simple.

As for a deflated squad; well that should have been one of his first jobs to raise morale and get them working for the team again.

I am not saying PB is a messiah. Yes he has already made mistakes (Wembley selection etc) but this vitriol started as soon as he was appointed. It has everything to do with PS.
If you look at SZ BEFORE PS was sacked - he was under fire for the poor performances. He got fired (not the greatest timing) and PB was immediately criticised - before a ball had been kicked.

It has much to do with Luggy and much to do with criticising any decision from the Chairman.

Very little to do with Phil Brown himself - as far as I read BEFORE his first game even.

Just wait and see!

I'm willing to give him a chance. Personally I have a sneaking feeling we are all going to be pleasantly surprised next season. He has said he has told 7 players they are not needed anymore so as long as he gets the 7 replacements he wants I think we will have a good season. I still don't have to like his approach of picking out players for a bit of stick. He is fair though as he picks on the players in turn, it's his strange way of finding out what they are like.

I am not saying PB is a messiah. Yes he has already made mistakes (Wembley selection etc) but this vitriol started as soon as he was appointed. It has everything to do with PS.
If you look at SZ BEFORE PS was sacked - he was under fire for the poor performances. He got fired (not the greatest timing) and PB was immediately criticised - before a ball had been kicked.

It has much to do with Luggy and much to do with criticising any decision from the Chairman.

Very little to do with Phil Brown himself - as far as I read BEFORE his first game even.

Internet forums will always offer the good bad and ugly of people's views,Trick is never take it seriously.

A very similar situation to when PS took over from Tilly --- something some people never got over.

I heard that interview and i'm not sure what Southend team he was watching in the first half, because they weren't that good. He kept laying into Sean. Ok, he made a mistake, but if you want him to stay that's a funny way to go about it. Players like backing and to be loved, not slagged off in public.

Back