• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
He got it spot on tonight.

I would probably have brought Weston on a little earlier but he got the subs right.

Stevenage were knackered, Weston destroyed them.

Good team shape as well, get the ball to Corr and hold it up.

Superb stuff Phil.

I make you both dead right. 4-4-2 took the game to them and having two big strikers kept their centre backs busy all night (MrsBlue would rather have little jack in diamond,mind :blush:). PB cleverly held our subs back until extra time, and the fresh legs definitely gave us the edge.

Spot on tonight, I have to say though Monday morning should be shooting practice!! How many chances do we bloody need!

..and what a different player Weston looks, when he's thrown on at the end, when the opposition is tired !!

I was a big critic of PB early this season and wanted him out , but tonight watching the game ,he made me eat my words , not just because he got the substitutions spot on , but one other incident showed me he is an excellent manager
, when Corr missed that penalty with the last kick of regular time ,it would have been so easy for the players heads to drop. What he said to them during the break i have no idea ,but whatever it was worked, because SUFC totally bossed Stevenage in extra time.Well done PB and your assistants . But please dont let Corr take anymore penalties ...
:smile:

Just to add to those who have bashed brown with the egotistical, self serving stick note he didn't come out and take any plaudits at the end, he didn't even do an interview....sky had to go into his office to get anything off him.

He got it spot on tonight.

I would probably have brought Weston on a little earlier but he got the subs right.

Stevenage were knackered, Weston destroyed them.

Good team shape as well, get the ball to Corr and hold it up.

Superb stuff Phil.

Not to mention that McLaughlin coming on, making the first goal and scoring the 2nd.

Fair point but Chris Day had a lot to do with it Little Red Rooster.

Really hope he plays the 2 wingers at Wembley, really stretch Wycombe on the big pitch with loadsa crosses BBBC is bound to score at least one................isn't he????:stunned:

Agreed PB got it absolutely right last night. Inspired substitutions, at the right time - although I agree that Weston should have come on earlier, he really frightens tired defences and takes so much pressure off our own tired defenders by keeping the ball in the opposition half and running like his shorts are on fire.

Putting Weston on had a massive part in us scoring twice in the last 10 mins. Stevenage simply couldn't cope with his pace and it opened them right up. Weston did everything right, fair play to him

Back