• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good way to avoid awkward questions after your inspirational leadership has seen your new team HUMPED by Rochdale and had its season ended inside four disasterous days, I guess. :'(

It's not unusual that managers don't want to talk to the local rag.

I work in PR and I decide who speaks for my company on any issue. I am surprised that this wasn't the case anyway.

I think you will find that this happens at a majority of clubs and why not? As long as you get to speak with someone and get a feel for what is being felt by the team then that's fine with me. Lets face it Tilson talked ***** mostly in his interviews and you couldn't understand PS most of the time!!!

Good, Phil Brown is doing what big successful clubs and firms do. Let us hope it is a sign he is beginning to shake the club up.

It bloody well needs it! :finger2:

Way to go Phil, let's alienate the fans, next step will be to ban them from Twitter and/or Facebook!

Didn't anybody else notice how Martin told the Echo yesterday that he'd be unable to comment on Fossetts Farm until he'd spoken to the council, but half an hour later agreed to go on BBC Essex this morning?

Didn't anybody else notice how Martin told the Echo yesterday that he'd be unable to comment on Fossetts Farm until he'd spoken to the council, but half an hour later agreed to go on BBC Essex this morning?

It's almost as if the club don't like the Echo.

Shades of Uncle Vic, n'est-ce pas?

Interesting.
It's right big clubs 'put up' players of their choice. They want to ensure the spin reflects well on them while massaging the appearance of the club. It's all a bit Alistair Campbell, but at the same time I hope CP still asks telling questions. BTW, this selective policy tends to be at clubs on a losing streak for obvious reasons.
Also, what happens now is players often gossip privately to journos and so 'canning' everything is pretty nigh on impossible.

Back