• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

By all accounts Graham Coughlan was running everything when Sturrock was here and struggling.

That plus the fact Brown didnt make him assistant doesnt indicate to me he his managerial, and I doubt Ron would offer it to him.

True, but he's had two seasons to develop by watching and learning under Brown and Penney

The trend in betting is worrying, as low as 2/1 with Bet Victor. I think Jimmy Phillips will get the job, but if Phil does leave it makes sense to appoint Penney.

Bookies reckon it'll be Brown and would be a good move for him nearer to home and at a decent size club. Too be fair he does owe SUFC, we took a chance on him when no other club would (didn't Lincoln turn him down). So would be a big shame if he moved on without achieving anything when we have a squad capable of promotion.

We have a team capable of winning this league if we played an expansive attacking formation IMHO !

If Phil goes good luck to him but I won't be losing any sleep over his departure it is what it is.

If he does go - Do you think he would take Penny as well?

Anyone know if we still have Mr Blobby to go in the dug out tomorrow just in case.

One thing i would say he is a lot nearer to London for his stints on talksport though for radio 5 in Salford he would be better off in Bolton!

If he does go - Do you think he would take Penny as well?

Anyone know if we still have Mr Blobby to go in the dug out tomorrow just in case.

Been told that during halftime the Boltan helicopter will land on the pitch where Phil and his staff will climb aboard blowing kisses to the crowd whilst Ron works out the compensation package:smile:

If he does go then personally I wouldn't blame him at all.

They are a club close to his heart and I am sure closer to his home.

Is he still living in a hotel as that must become demoralising after a while?

Been told that during halftime the Boltan helicopter will land on the pitch where Phil and his staff will climb aboard blowing kisses to the crowd whilst Ron works out the compensation package:smile:

Just to confirm is this before or after the Bluebelles? :smile:

Yeah damn, those bookies odds don't look too good! I say we let him sign if they loan him back to us for the rest of the season ha! Bet Paul Ince gets an interview ha ha

I wouldn't read too much into the odds yet. I know for a fact that one major bookmaker took barely 3 figures on Brown to get the price cut so much.

It's when it gets to 1/4 or shorter that's when we should be concerned. At the moment it's just the majority of guessing on Brown, then others following suit believing there's knowledge.

I agree with CyrilSneer. I think if Phil Brown leaves for Bolton - and I sincerely hope he does not - Dave Penney would be a credible successor who has an impressive managerial track record, particularly at Doncaster. It would probably be the least disruptive option at this stage of the season.

Was looking through the list of available managers on http://www.leaguemanagers.com/ and noticed Hope Powell's name on there - I reckon that'd be something that could keep Southend in the media spotlight & may help bring in a little extra sponsorship money. Doesn't have too bad a record with England women's either

How often are bookies wrong at this early stage. Totally agree with what you said about you don't need to worry until it Is really short like 1/4

I agree with CyrilSneer. I think if Phil Brown leaves for Bolton - and I sincerely hope he does not - Dave Penney would be a credible successor who has an impressive managerial track record, particularly at Doncaster. It would probably be the least disruptive option at this stage of the season.

If PB does leave then I would expect that Penney would go with him as they seem to work well together.

Phil Brown WILL get the Bolton managers job!!
I know because when the news of Dougie Freedmans departure first came out I went to my SKYbet account
to place a bet and PB wasn't even listed.There were probably 20 people mentioned going down to 33/1 but as PB wasn't one of them I couldn't be bothered to ask for a price so gave up. According to a post on this thread he is now favourite with all bookies!! This means he will get the job - no question.

Back