• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of interest, how exactly does "by mutual consent actually work"?

Chairman: "We don't want you anymore."
Manager: "Good, I didn't want to stay anyway."
Chairman: "So, it's agreed by mutual consent you can **** off."

It's always "mutual consent" these days, managers are never "sacked" anymore. It basically means the club have paid the manager the rest of their contract and agreed to call it mutual consent as sacking sounds more negative.

Will certainly be keeping an eye on this one, I'm sure Brown will be in Bolton's thoughts. If he did leave I'd be confident in Penney and Coughlan taking over.

BORE OFF MATE, IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU ON HERE THAT MAKES THIS PLACE SO SH!t. I always put my views across in thoughtful way, unlike you.

TIME FOR FFSTADIUM TO GO, HE RUINS THIS PLACE. WHAT A MUG

MCx9t.gif

Wasn't Brown like 5th or 6th favourite for Palace job? I wouldn't read too much into this.

Ah, suddenly it makes sense why Brown somehow got into the frame for the Palace job.

He was positioning himself for the Bolton job, a club where he has substantial links.

It's always "mutual consent" these days, managers are never "sacked" anymore. It basically means the club have paid the manager the rest of their contract and agreed to call it mutual consent as sacking sounds more negative.

Will certainly be keeping an eye on this one, I'm sure Brown will be in Bolton's thoughts. If he did leave I'd be confident in Penney and Coughlan taking over.

Paul Sturrock was sacked.
Felix Magath was sacked.
Graham Kavanagh was sacked.
Dave Hockaday was sacked.
Mark Robins was sacked.

Latest odds for Brown are 33 to 1. Not top of the betting pecking order at the moment. Hopefully, Brown will still be with us for the season and taking us up to Division 1. That would be nice wouldn't it?

Phil Brown to Bolton?

Now 7/2 fav with Ladbrokes to take the job, heard quite a bit of money has been staked.

Worrying as now we're finding form....:scared:

They might go with him .

Back