• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's definately laying the gauntlet down to Uncle Ron. Wasn't so bullish a few weeks ago when we were having a bad run, though. Still, he needs to get us promoted for his CV, so he's up for the challenge and, to be fair, he's put the playing side of the club in good shape.

Im thinking why would Brown even come out with a statement like this. There is no way he is here for the next 10 years so why would he really care? If he does well over the next 18 months he will no doubt be off like a shot, if he doesnt he will just be shot. Sort of. Either way there is no chance he will be here when the 4th side is finished so is he really desperate to get in a 3-sided stadium?

At a time when Ron is finally talking about a new stadium he then only comes out after Ron starts making noises about it being soon ?

Sounds to me just part of the clubs PR to me.

Im thinking why would Brown even come out with a statement like this. There is no way he is here for the next 10 years so why would he really care? If he does well over the next 18 months he will no doubt be off like a shot, if he doesnt he will just be shot. Sort of. Either way there is no chance he will be here when the 4th side is finished so is he really desperate to get in a 3-sided stadium?

At a time when Ron is finally talking about a new stadium he then only comes out after Ron starts making noises about it being soon ?

Sounds to me just part of the clubs PR to me.

And more in hope than expectation on my part, it might just means things are about to start happening?

And more in hope than expectation on my part, it might just means things are about to start happening?

Thats my feeling.

I think that we are actually getting close to something happening hence all the noises coming from the club after nearly two years of silence. I think Brown's comments are just part of that.

Thats my feeling.

I think that we are actually getting close to something happening hence all the noises coming from the club after nearly two years of silence. I think Brown's comments are just part of that.

Yep, I agree, exciting, isn't it?

I want to agree, but this whole stadium thing reminds of those dreams you have (well I do anyway) when you're about to do something fantastic like fly first class, play at Wembley, or in ORM's case play with Emma Bunton, and something always gets in the way just beforehand & it never actually happens. Then you wake up & realise it was just a dream..

Would like to think its a PR stunt,but like others would expect to hear things happening in preparation.From friends in the building and associated trades have heard nothing.Still no main contractor named.Just hope PB is not beginning to feel like a lot of supporters who remember his previous promises.

PHIL BROWN

Derby
- sacked

Hull- Did well for a time then- Improper conduct and fined £1000 by FA
Then same again and fined £2500. Then bad run and sacked

Preston- Sacked

out of work for 18 months

Southend- ?

Don't give it the big one Phil. You art not that good.

PHIL BROWN

Derby
- sacked

Preston- Sacked

Southend- ?

Every manager bar Wenger and Ferguson gets sacked....

I wonder what proportion of managers with 6years plus experience have never been sacked? I bet it's a short list

Every manager bar Wenger and Ferguson gets sacked....

Yes I was expecting that. But lets face it, he has not set the world alight. His claim to fame is getting Hull in the Prem.
Thats it as far as football success goes. And if he was highly thought of in football circles why would he struggle so long to get another job. Like you say, with all the sacking that have gone on he still stayed unemployed. I dont think giving his manegerial record so far he can go around threatening poor old Ron.

Yes I was expecting that. But lets face it, he has not set the world alight. His claim to fame is getting Hull in the Prem.
Thats it as far as football success goes. And if he was highly thought of in football circles why would he struggle so long to get another job. Like you say, with all the sacking that have gone on he still stayed unemployed. I dont think giving his manegerial record so far he can go around threatening poor old Ron.

If he had set the world alight he wouldn't be managing us though.

As Ive said I wouldnt mind betting this is actually part of the clubs PR anyway.

This club is Phil's springboard to either bigger clubs or the media thing full time.

I think Phil Brown is doing an excellent job. He is a tremendously enthusiastic manager with a great media presence. And that must be an asset for a club in the basement league.

However, it might be better if Phil reminds the Chairman in private that promises are a two-way street rather than carry out that conversation in public.

If he had set the world alight he wouldn't be managing us though.

As Ive said I wouldnt mind betting this is actually part of the clubs PR anyway.

I am in agreement with you on this; I doubt he would come out with it unless he had spoke and agreed it with Ron before hand.
It gets PB some kudos with fans, keeps the interest and, if the plan comes together allows Ron to deliver on promises......:omg:

My opinion for what its worth is that both RM and PB are getting along fine, RM can see the changes PB has made behind the scenes and how well its running ,he can see the club is on an upward spiral now, im sure they talk to each other before releasing bulletins like this.

If they were not getting along fine, certainly from rons side, the club record 13 match winless streak would have seen a new manager. That only finished a few weeks back, or about a week before PB filmed this video

PHIL BROWN

Derby
- sacked

Preston- Sacked

Southend- ?

What is your point here ?

Why is Brown asking for Progress on the Stadium giving it the big one, when all you read on this thread is fans asking for "Progress on the Stadium" ??

Back