• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think Phil Brown is doing an excellent job. He is a tremendously enthusiastic manager with a great media presence. And that must be an asset for a club in the basement league.

I believe that the appointment of PB was with the future in mind. He has higher league savvy and clearly has connections to clubs when it comes to bringing in a good player or three.

The new stadium is an opportunity for the club to move up the leagues and find a position that they can sustain. PB is a good candidate to take us up and will not be out of his depth whatever level we play at. I think it was with this in mind that brought the end of PS. Fan of Sturrock or not, his football was dire and I don't believe he was going to be beneficial in higher leagues with one dimensional dinosaur football and he possibly possessed less connections of sufficient calibre.

Ron, the stadium and PB are a marriage that can last.

Will be the excuse Brown will give when he walks out on Southend. We all know the stadium is never going to happen and the club is on borrowed time and if Brown does achieve a miracle another club will soon come calling and he will be off.

Will be the excuse Brown will give when he walks out on Southend. We all know the stadium is never going to happen and the club is on borrowed time and if Brown does achieve a miracle another club will soon come calling and he will be off.

Wow theres a half full cup.

Sorry but we dont all know the stadium will never happen or that the clubs on borrowed time. Im sure the stadium will be built, at least 3 stands of it anyway.

As for Brown, certainly agree there, any manager who does well for us will be poached, at least it means he would have got us promoted if that happens.

What struck me was:
"It would be crazy for me to come all this way down in divisions if there wasn't a bigger plan to get promoted and then to go forward as a bigger football club."
Like you had them queuing up Phil - huh?

"I'm just hoping he accepts my side of the bargain, which is to start building a new stadium."
Seemed to have the foresight to demand 6 months wages in advance, so clearly was aware of the chairmans recent past history - did he not check out how long this stadium had been rumbling on for with many missed deadlines and promises? Seems like a threat to me.

At least Ron is getting a bit of pressure from inside now. Just wish we were kept informed - i.e. 'Inside 2 weeks contractor will be selected' that was a month ago now. Just come out and say theres been a hitch - don't just keep going to ground Ron.

What struck me was:
"It would be crazy for me to come all this way down in divisions if there wasn't a bigger plan to get promoted and then to go forward as a bigger football club."
Like you had them queuing up Phil - huh?

"I'm just hoping he accepts my side of the bargain, which is to start building a new stadium."
Seemed to have the foresight to demand 6 months wages in advance, so clearly was aware of the chairmans recent past history - did he not check out how long this stadium had been rumbling on for with many missed deadlines and promises? Seems like a threat to me.

At least Ron is getting a bit of pressure from inside now. Just wish we were kept informed - i.e. 'Inside 2 weeks contractor will be selected' that was a month ago now. Just come out and say theres been a hitch - don't just keep going to ground Ron.

That never happened.

None of us know the real deal but my feeling is rather simple,Phil will either stay or leave irrespective of the new stadium,Phil is in the results business being one of only 92 managing in the 4 divisions.The thought of Phil quitting purely because FF has not started is laughable.

I still think the last 3 games has kept Phil in the job and he knows if he cannot deliver this season or next he will be axed,The harsh reality of professional football management .

What is your point here ?

Why is Brown asking for Progress on the Stadium giving it the big one, when all you read on this thread is fans asking for "Progress on the Stadium" ??

As Jam-Man points out , this quote -

18 months with out a job !

That quote should have been '' It would be crazy for me to turn down Southend when at this moment in time no one else is interested, and there is always the off chance they might get a new stadium''

I want a new stadium but I don't threaten to stop supporting the team if we don't get it.

None of us know the real deal but my feeling is rather simple,Phil will either stay or leave irrespective of the new stadium,Phil is in the results business being one of only 92 managing in the 4 divisions.The thought of Phil quitting purely because FF has not started is laughable.

I still think the last 3 games has kept Phil in the job and he knows if he cannot deliver this season or next he will be axed,The harsh reality of professional football management .

Totally agree, Phil being here in the future has no bearing on the stadium being here or not.

If he does well he will no doubt leave before it has 4 sides, if we are still in League Two next season and don't go up then he will go anyway.

That never happened.
I stand corrected, however, that was the story shortly after his appointment that I heard. Can't remember where from.
Totally plausible/sensible demand given the history at the time of court cases, winding up orders, and unpaid staff.

I stand corrected, however, that was the story shortly after his appointment that I heard. Can't remember where from.
Totally plausible/sensible demand given the history at the time of court cases, winding up orders, and unpaid staff.

Yes it was indeed what everyone thought at the time, but was dismissed as not true when Steve Kavanagh met with the trust.

Note to self: Must keep up :sad:
Wonder if he asked and was refused or just something from a fairy tale? Either way, it would have been a sensible demand. Luckily, it for Phil, I guess it turned out to not be an issue.

I love all these cryptic clues revealed on shrimperzone on what's going on behind the scene by one Phil Brown comment.

I just thought he wanted the stadium to be built as that was promised when he signed a contract for us. Little did I know....

I love all these cryptic clues revealed on shrimperzone on what's going on behind the scene by one Phil Brown comment.

I just thought he wanted the stadium to be built as that was promised when he signed a contract for us. Little did I know....

That is very deep, what do you mean by that?:blush:

Just watched life's a pitch on BT sport Phill Brown was co hosting and Southend mentioned a fair bit. Phill was asked about the stadium and said something about contracts signed yesterday and construction to start May. I hope this is some positive news coming to life!!

Note to self: Must keep up :sad:
Wonder if he asked and was refused or just something from a fairy tale? Either way, it would have been a sensible demand. Luckily, it for Phil, I guess it turned out to not be an issue.

Not a fairy tale answer, I was at the meeting and asked the question. It was a straight and emphatic response.

Just watched life's a pitch on BT sport Phill Brown was co hosting and Southend mentioned a fair bit. Phill was asked about the stadium and said something about contracts signed yesterday and construction to start May. I hope this is some positive news coming to life!!

This is massive news if it has any substance !!

I'm surprised the club havent offically announced it if contracts have been signed - that's very good news!

Back