• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Phil Brown was first offered chance to come back to Southend United 'midway through season'

Hardly a surprise. MM was not really in the game. over thought it and really could not use what we had available. In reality if he wins the next 3 or 4 games he will be a hero.

Phil brown gave us our best day and managed to get us some very good players. He also I think knows how not to get relagated. Also I wrote a letter to Phil brown about a young lad who wasn't very well and said was it possible to send a player to visit him as the young lad was also a big Southend fan. He went and visited the young lad with some of the players and really boosted the him up. So yes I like him a lot

Look football is ruthless , from the way academies treat U7s all the way through to the top, however it probably didn’t need to be mentioned by Brown to be fair .
MM will no doubt get a job at a lower league club in similar circumstances (someone losing their job as a result ) so it’s swings and roundabouts

What is the benefit for the dreaded 'vote of confidence' for chairman? Obviously is a thing but I don't get it tbh. Surely just makes fans not believe a word you say going forward.

He's hardly on a zoom call with fans going to go "Actually I was snapchatting Phil earlier, I'm kinda tempted hehe.."

It's annoying but he has to publically back his manager. For what's it worth, I imagine that Ron had red flags and mind was semi made up after we went 17 games without a win at the start of season. That ties in with the timings Phil sort of stated here.

He's hardly on a zoom call with fans going to go "Actually I was snapchatting Phil earlier, I'm kinda tempted hehe.."

It's annoying but he has to publically back his manager. For what's it worth, I imagine that Ron had red flags and mind was semi made up after we went 17 games without a win at the start of season. That ties in with the timings Phil sort of stated here.
Of course not, but you don't need to say 'MM will be here at the season' like he did. Obviously there was a reason he said, just wondering why.

Re: post above, yep I get football is ruthless. Ron's ruthlessness is really going well though isn't it...

Of course not, but you don't need to say 'MM will be here at the season' like he did. Obviously there was a reason he said, just wondering why.

Re: post above, yep I get football is ruthless. Ron's ruthlessness is really going well though isn't it...

Very true, Ron always deals in absolutes, which inevitably comes back to bite him.

I dunno, I think I maybe have just got used to Ron's patter. So now know whats what with him and can see through it.

Very true, Ron always deals in absolutes, which inevitably comes back to bite him.

I dunno, I think I maybe have just got used to Ron's patter. So now know whats what with him and can see through it.
Yeah fair play.

Anyway, let's root on Oldham tonight and the lads tomorrow I'll back them til the end, but this really bugged me.

This is disgusting imo. To offer Brown the job months ago, and then to publicly back MM like that only weeks ago. Wow.

It is disgusting. But because Brown sees fit to declare it on day 1. Shows a lack of class. Didn’t need to be said. I hope he keeps us up.

This is disgusting imo. To offer Brown the job months ago, and then to publicly back MM like that only weeks ago. Wow.
Nothing that chairmen havent been doing for years. Performance related cutthroat industry. Hes hardly gonna tell mm is he.

The real weakness is ron hanging on all this time with someone he didnt want.

We get that Ron is the anti-Christ is to be despised whatever he does. Many on here are moaning that if he was going to do something he should have done something earlier. Now it’s apparent he was considering doing exactly that it’s “disgusting”. For his many faults if anything Ron indeed sticks with managers too long. We all know how it works. Managers get sacked all the time, and the replacement is lined up in the background. Ron in the past has been critised for not having replacements ready to go- now...well he’s being criticised for having someone lined up in the background..

We are all very very aware that the chairman’s vote of confidence in football is worth very little.
The only surprise here is that there is surprise, or that Ron has done anything unforgivable in relation to what is pretty much par for the course in football.

Nothing that chairmen havent been doing for years. Performance related cutthroat industry. Hes hardly gonna tell mm is he.

The real weakness is ron hanging on all this time with someone he didnt want.

Wonder who else he approached and got knocked back by?

We get that Ron is the anti-Christ is to be despised whatever he does. Many on here are moaning that if he was going to do something he should have done something earlier. Now it’s apparent he was considering doing exactly that it’s “disgusting”. For his many faults if anything Ron indeed sticks with managers too long. We all know how it works. Managers get sacked all the time, and the replacement is lined up in the background. Ron in the past has been critised for not having replacements ready to go- now...well he’s being criticised for having someone lined up in the background..

We are all very very aware that the chairman’s vote of confidence in football is worth very little.
The only surprise here is that there is surprise, or that Ron has done anything unforgivable in relation to what is pretty much par for the course in football.
Huge difference between proactively making the change at a more appropriate point in the season and just considering it though. That is frustrating to me and worthy of criticism.

Quite convenient for Ron that Phil blurted this out , improperly of course, l be sticking into players publicly next ?? surely not ?? Confirms Ron like many fans wasnt really content with MM and would have liked him to go earlier if it could have been pulled off, Really ?

Ron thinking the same as all of us after all and I was born under a gooseberry bush

Back