• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown

Thought he was excellent first time around , although he had a decent team too , and we were 'relatively' successful and stable.
I think this 'type' of Manager has now been left behind and seems drastically out of touch with today's game ( even though its not that long ago ).
I'll put my tin helmet on now and add that I thought keeping Moseley was the better option and would have liked to see how he did in this League.
Think Brown may struggle to get another job now but wish him well.

Thought he was excellent first time around , although he had a decent team too , and we were 'relatively' successful and stable.
I think this 'type' of Manager has now been left behind and seems drastically out of touch with today's game ( even though its not that long ago ).
I'll put my tin helmet on now and add that I thought keeping Moseley was the better option and would have liked to see how he did in this League.
Think Brown may struggle to get another job now but wish him well.
I find myself getting ‘buyers regret’ about MM. Then I remind myself going from January to April and not winning a single home game out of ten and barely scoring a goal. It must be one of the worst home runs in league history and no manager survives that record. He was a mistake followed by a bigger one that’s all.

I’m now an Undr the Cosh Patreon and catching up on all of the extra episodes. Very few players that have played under Brown have good words to say about him.

One player said they were winning at half time 1-0 he said just hold your own for the first 10 minutes and then go for them. Within 5 minutes they’d equalised and I think they lost the game. Brown came in at the end and bollocked them and said they’d just embarrassed the future England manager :ROFL:

I’m now an Undr the Cosh Patreon and catching up on all of the extra episodes. Very few players that have played under Brown have good words to say about him.

One player said they were winning at half time 1-0 he said just hold your own for the first 10 minutes and then go for them. Within 5 minutes they’d equalised and I think they lost the game. Brown came in at the end and bollocked them and said they’d just embarrassed the future England manager :ROFL:
Proof if any were needed that too many sunbeds are bad for your mental health!

Undr The Cosh do some fantastic interviews.
Have watched many, including Liam Dickinson, David Wheater, Anthony Gerrard, Nicky Hunt and Neil Shipperley. I loved Nicky Hunt's stories about Steve Evan's!

Undr The Cosh do some fantastic interviews.
Have watched many, including Liam Dickinson, David Wheater, Anthony Gerrard, Nicky Hunt and Neil Shipperley. I loved Nicky Hunt's stories about Steve Evan's!
Have you listened to Mark Crossley? By far the best one. His impression of Brain Clough is outstanding.

Have you listened to Mark Crossley? By far the best one. His impression of Brain Clough is outstanding.
No, not yet. Thanks for the tip off. Will have a listen.
The Aaron Wilbraham one was another I enjoyed.
Must subscribe to the paid version as I want to listen to the Carlton Palmer interview. That looks superb.

Palmer one is ok, he don’t half love himself though. Another great one is Andy Woodman.

Just read that Phil now has the unique record of being sacked from premier league, championship, L1, L2 and NL. Don’t think he’ll come back from this which would be a sad way to bring a long career in professional football to an end. God knows what’s been going through his head the last couple of months of madness.

I guess they probably run along a bus route - many of them were probably hindered by being pushed in the road when a bus approached.

Out of interest who was last?
One of the players, by 5 minutes if rumours are true.

Back