• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lasted less than a year.

Sacked with Swindon 17th in the 4th division.
Unsurprising really Swindon are one of the biggest clubs in league 2 and you would assume have a bigger budget than most other clubs in the league so to be 17th I'm league at this stage is poor.

Can’t see him getting another job after this.

Why still the animosity towards PB?

I thought he did a lot for our club and was a decent manager at this level. Also was always courteous on the occasions that I spoke to him.

Shame he’s been sacked, as I hoped he’d turn his career around at Swindon. Someone losing their job is no laughing matter IMHO.

Personably I will always be grateful to him for that incredible PO final win.

Very interesting though this is, it's off to Phil Brown thread in the ex shrimpers forum.

Hardly surprising looking at Swindon's league position. I think he has finally been found out.

Why still the animosity towards PB?

I thought he did a lot for our club and was a decent manager at this level. Also was always courteous on the occasions that I spoke to him.

Shame he’s been sacked, as I hoped he’d turn his career around at Swindon. Someone losing their job is no laughing matter IMHO.

Personably I will always be grateful to him for that incredible PO final win.

Yep. spot on!

If being a failure is getting a side promoted and until the final few matches, consolidating them in a higher division and just missing out on the play-offs, then I'd be interested to know what a successful manager is meant to achieve here!

Interesting views on their fans forum some glad he has gone others felt it's Lee Power that is the problem

Interesting views on their fans forum some glad he has gone others felt it's Lee Power that is the problem

Just been chatting to somebody I know in Swindon. They want them both out. Been told PB pacing side lines looking like he didn't know what to do. (just what I've been told by STFC fan)

Lee Power has a lot to answer for.

His churning of managers, some good ones as well, seems to suggest a lack of support and patience.

After watching football at all levels for over 50 years, I considered that PB was not as good as he thought he was. He was often clueless when it came to making tactical decisions during a game that wasn't going well. I am firmly of the opinion that we got promoted despite him not because of him and then only by the skin of his teeth. He constantly promoted himself in front of Sky TV cameras presumably to put himself in the window for any bigger clubs that may come calling. I don't know him as a person and he is probably quite a nice bloke but that doesn't always win trophies. Whilst I would hate anyone to lose their jobs and become unemployed, we must remember that sacked managers usually get their contracts paid up or a severance payment in lieu so he won't be struggling financially.

Whilst I would hate anyone to lose their jobs and become unemployed, we must remember that sacked managers usually get their contracts paid up or a severance payment in lieu so he won't be struggling financially.

He just got a pay out from Ron as well don't forget

Whatever way you look at it, the stats under PB stack up in his favour, here.

I hear the argument a lot that we got promoted despite PB, so on that basis, who did get us promoted then?

Back