• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Regarding Leonard, I'm not PB's biggest fan by any means, but I can't believe some are denying him credit for developing Leonard.:stunned:

Under Sturrock he was mainly played as a wide right midfielder, he was okay, nothing more. Brown converted him into a brilliant central midfield warrior! I'm far from Phil's biggest supporter, but let's give credit where it's due please.

Last edited:
Agreed technically a good player, but it wasn't really there mentally.......he'll always be responsible for the greatest moment of my time watching the Shrimpers though, so I'll always remember him fondly!

Which is why I said dropping down to non league will have done him good. He showed promise at Charlton and believed in himself a bit too much, that confidence vanished playing in some of the systems that he was forced to with us - largely the lone striker role. Hopefully, getting some belief back will have done him good and he'll now have a better time of things in the league.

The same people who will give PB no credit for Lenny's career were the very ones slagging Brown a few years ago for just for even playing Lenny in mid-field.

Remember posts like, the undroppable Lenny, one of Browns favourites, playing out of position and my personal favourite....L2 at best.

Rigsby, I know me and you rarely see eye to eye, but I'm with you 100% with this one. I'd go as far as saying Brown's conversion of Lenny in to a central midfielder was inspired. Probably his biggest achievement whilst here, along with the play off win of course!

Rigsby, I know me and you rarely see eye to eye, but I'm with you 100% with this one. I'd go as far as saying Brown converting Lenny in to a central midfielder was inspired. Probably his biggest achievement whilst here, along with the play off win of course!

Pulling that 25 year old was a decent achievement, most would be well happy.

The quote function isn't working for me, but to whoever asked why Leonard was an unsued sub in Sturrock's final two matches the answer is he wasn't fully fit. We had a massive injury crisis of which Lenny was part and we were rushing players back and patching players up just to fill the bench.

Ben Clarkson deserves a lot of credit for sorting out the injury problems that plagued Lenny's first two seasons at the club.

Our current crop of strikers managed to score 8 goals between them, 10 if you include Rangers efforts. I hope we can challenge a bit more upfront otherwise we will really struggle even if the back line improves. A striker and mid this week would be handy to take to Scunthorpe , especially if we could find someone like Jack Marriot the leagues leading scorer with 23 goals so far and he spent most of his career playing for Luton and Woking ( 41 games )

The form team of the league have gone from close to Bottom to mid table with only one loanee joining last week. In other words a complete turn around with no signings by appointing an ex player. This shows it can be done without any recourse to the transfer market, although I believe we do need some new imput for momentum and maybe for the reasons highlighted.
Lovell said " You have to make people BELIEVE in themselves ( did Phils public knocking help or hinder ? )" They have to believe in what they can do, the GOALS come from this belief inside the boys now" " Its NOT rocket science , we are playing well, as we have good technical players who can RUN and are FIT and its the reason we are getting results " ( Atkinson? )

Now, I have to ask, Barry. There seems to be a bit of a U-turn here.

Are we saying that not signing loads of players could be the way forward?

Ron: Listen Phil, your job here is safe!

Phil: ok boss then I need to dip in your pocket again for some players.

Ron: Sorry Phil but the cupboard is bare.

Phil : Well ok but you will get the blame for relegation. The fans won't forgive you.

Ron: You're right Phil, oh and by the way, you are fired.

Phil: But boss, you said I was safe!!!

Ron: It's all in the timing Phil. You go, it takes time to replace you and the transfer window closes. Then it's you that gets the blame for the dross you originally brought in.

Phil: I will tell everyone.

RM: Well you know that rule, what happens in the Roslin stays in the Roslin, it doesn't apply to ex-employees.

Phil: Bye boss, it's been a real pleasure.

Back