• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Since Corr left,the list of our best scorers during Phil's reign is rather surprising IMO .

Leonard.......17
Hurst...........13
Pigott...........12
Payne...........10
Timlin...........8
Worrall..........8
Eastwood.......6
Straker..........6
Atkinson........6

There are a further 21 different scorers.

166 goals in total with 11 pens and 2 og's,Corr scored 31 in total.

Leonard has never scored 17 goals since Corr left? - and I'm sure Hurst hasn't scored 13 since he left.

I don't understand the list? Why has Corr been removed from the list, but Eastwood and Straker not?

Leonard has never scored 17 goals since Corr left? - and I'm sure Hurst hasn't scored 13 since he left.

I don't understand the list? Why has Corr been removed from the list, but Eastwood and Straker not?

Corr was obviously our top scorer so no surprise there,the other players are the highest scorers during Phil's tenure,note I stated during Phil's time here.

I know this is an often repeated myth by all fans not just here on the zone. Its strange why managers, coaches and professional players rarely say this. Perhaps its because there no science to it and the stats (steady mrsblue) don't back it up either. I myself have always thought the best form of defence is a good defence but there you go.

Yes you are correct a good defence will be a bonus but not at any costs,surely?,hence why we don't score many simply because we are set up not to concede,just my view though.

One of the main reasons it's better this season is the addition of Payne, which shows PB has some sort of attacking intent. The Oldham thrashing is testament to the fact we don't always go ahead then sit on it. That is a tactic that can be used in L2 but I think PB has realised that against better teams in L1, you can't use that tactic. Our defence isn't quite as strong as it could be, we have been lucky a few times but overall, it is more enjoyable football. Attack is the best form of defence after all

Disagree. One of the reasons it is better this season is because the opposition are also playing football and trying to win the game.

Whereas last season we had to put up with the majority of teams sticking 11 men behind the ball and play for a draw (or nicking a win).

Whether we like it or not, that's why we struggled to score and breakdown teams.

Sacrificing more players forward can also leave you more exposed to a counter attack.

This is a big reason why I pleased to be out of League Two

Since Corr left,the list of our best scorers during Phil's reign is rather surprising IMO .

Leonard.......17
Hurst...........13
Pigott...........12
Payne...........10
Timlin...........8
Worrall..........8
Eastwood.......6
Straker..........6
Atkinson........6

Could I ask what you find surprising.

Could I ask what you find surprising.

The fact that the main forward who has played the most games has scored the most goals....Next week , Bentley has made the most saves out of all our current squad.

Disagree to a certain extent.

He didn't set us up to win promotion, we scraped it by the skin of our teeth and were very very lucky.

I think this season has been better. Apart from lose Corr and gain Mooney and get in Hunt (who has hardly played) we have been on par with some of the better teams in L1, but at the same time, have been poor against teams too. We won't be promoted this but we won't be relegated
I think we were very very unlucky not to get promoted automatically after accumulating 84 points.

Leonard.......17
Hurst...........13
Pigott...........12
Payne...........10
Timlin...........8
Worrall..........8
Eastwood.......6
Straker..........6
Atkinson........6

Oh, dear imaginary friend in the sky, give it a rest love.:stunned:

How is he correct? I must have missed the press release from PB or RM that gave full disclosure to the clubs financial position.

Whilst I'd like to imagine we could throw our weight around with a decent amount of money, I think we'd all be pretty stupid to think we'd part with more than 50k! Sad reality unfortunately. And Simpson would take a considerable offer with his form at the moment.

Whilst I'd like to imagine we could throw our weight around with a decent amount of money, I think we'd all be pretty stupid to think we'd part with more than 50k! Sad reality unfortunately. And Simpson would take a considerable offer with his form at the moment.

I am not questioning your sentiment, or disagreeing, but it does not make it fact. It could also be a situation reliant on the 'outs' in January. If DB were one to go, for reasonable money, the board might try to reduce the impact by parting with a percentage of the transfer earnings. I dare say Simpson would cost no more than 15-20% of what we might receive for Bentley.

I dare say Simpson would cost no more than 15-20% of what we might receive for Bentley.

You think you're going to get c. £4,000,000 for Bentley? Righto. No idea what Hunt is on, but other than him I suspect you'll be breaking your wage structure to sign Simpson as well. Plus I'd imagine you'll be competing with some far more attractive options. Like I say, keep dreaming...

Back