• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Since Corr left,the list of our best scorers during Phil's reign is rather surprising IMO .

Leonard.......17
Hurst...........13
Pigott...........12
Payne...........10
Timlin...........8
Worrall..........8
Eastwood.......6
Straker..........6
Atkinson........6

There are a further 21 different scorers.

166 goals in total with 11 pens and 2 og's,Corr scored 31 in total.

Can someone please buy MrsBlue a new Drum to bang at Christmas please ?

A lack of firepower is constantly mentioned on this site - howsabout Jay Simpson (ex Arsenal) who has scored 16 goals already for Orient this term ?

Since Corr left,the list of our best scorers during Phil's reign is rather surprising IMO .

Leonard.......17
Hurst...........13
Pigott...........12
Payne...........10
Timlin...........8
Worrall..........8
Eastwood.......6
Straker..........6
Atkinson........6

There are a further 21 different scorers.

166 goals in total with 11 pens and 2 og's,Corr scored 31 in total.
I forgot that Hurst used to score.

A lack of firepower is constantly mentioned on this site - howsabout Jay Simpson (ex Arsenal) who has scored 16 goals already for Orient this term ?

It's funny isn't it , it was constantly mentioned on here last season when we got promoted and as you say it's constantly mentioned on here even though we are in the top half of League 1, on the back of an excellent November with some fantastic performances and wins and yet the actual positives are hardly touched upon, or appreciated in the manner they should be. People in this country are far to busy looking at the negatives of any situation as opposed to scrutinising the aspects of success and how such success has been achieved .

Oh well, let's continue to bemoan how poor and a disappointment we are on league 1 this season and demand answers until we are sitting top of the premier league , being the top goal scorers in world football whilst also not conceding any goals whatsoever , because I fear if we achieved a team that scored 4 goals a game but lost 5-4 or drew 4-4 each game people would bemoan our wafer thin back line ....

Spot on....he sets up a team to win promotion and become a solid L1 side...

This, absolutely this .... But why waste time on congratulating people and set ups , when there are so many top notch unknown or Untried managers on the side lines ...

It's funny isn't it , it was constantly mentioned on here last season when we got promoted and as you say it's constantly mentioned on here even though we are in the top half of League 1, on the back of an excellent November with some fantastic performances and wins and yet the actual positives are hardly touched upon, or appreciated in the manner they should be. People in this country are far to busy looking at the negatives of any situation as opposed to scrutinising the aspects of success and how such success has been achieved .

Oh well, let's continue to bemoan how poor and a disappointment we are on league 1 this season and demand answers until we are sitting top of the premier league , being the top goal scorers in world football whilst also not conceding any goals whatsoever , because I fear if we achieved a team that scored 4 goals a game but lost 5-4 or drew 4-4 each game people would bemoan our wafer thin back line ....

Yeah yeah yeah,

Watching us at times can be tedious to say the least,most fans want to see their team have an attacking threat and not sitting deep with the forward isolated,Corr even slagged the way we are set up.

Yes we are doing very well this season,but by god at home apart from the Vale game it's been hideous to view.

We could of course be Colchester. In their last 19 games there have been an average of 5 goals. Exciting times at the Care in the Community Stadium indeed. I am sure we would all swap our position with their's.

Yeah yeah yeah,

Watching us at times can be tedious to say the least,most fans want to see their team have an attacking threat and not sitting deep with the forward isolated,Corr even slagged the way we are set up.

Yes we are doing very well this season,but by god at home apart from the Vale game it's been hideous to view.

As you've hated it for such a long time as I've suggested before go somewhere else to be happy as you will never be happy watching Southend ... I've actually enjoyed majority of this season actually and I enjoy supporting my team rather then spend my whole life looking over my shoulder for something better or even something that doesn't exist ! Have you ever considered writing to Phil and asking if he could use your fantastic insight as to how to play football and win promotions as well, because your knowledge and understanding of football seems to be wasted on this forum

Spot on....he sets up a team to win promotion and become a solid L1 side...

Disagree to a certain extent.

He didn't set us up to win promotion, we scraped it by the skin of our teeth and were very very lucky.

I think this season has been better. Apart from lose Corr and gain Mooney and get in Hunt (who has hardly played) we have been on par with some of the better teams in L1, but at the same time, have been poor against teams too. We won't be promoted this but we won't be relegated

Last edited:
As you've hated it for such a long time as I've suggested before go somewhere else to be happy as you will never be happy watching Southend ... I've actually enjoyed majority of this season actually and I enjoy supporting my team rather then spend my whole life looking over my shoulder for something better or even something that doesn't exist ! Have you ever considered writing to Phil and asking if he could use your fantastic insight as to how to play football and win promotions as well, because your knowledge and understanding of football seems to be wasted on this forum

Absolutely agree about enjoying watching us although I think a certain poster has issues that lie a lot deeper than anything to do with football.

One of the main reasons it's better this season is the addition of Payne, which shows PB has some sort of attacking intent. The Oldham thrashing is testament to the fact we don't always go ahead then sit on it. That is a tactic that can be used in L2 but I think PB has realised that against better teams in L1, you can't use that tactic. Our defence isn't quite as strong as it could be, we have been lucky a few times but overall, it is more enjoyable football. Attack is the best form of defence after all

Good for you !

I don't need to support anyone else simply because this is a football forum where people can air their views,sorry if you don't like my view but it's not the end of the world.

Can someone please buy MrsBlue a new Drum to bang at Christmas please ?

Actually to be fair I thought the stats were very interesting and worthy of stimulating debate on what is a football
discussion forum .

Disagree to a certain extent.

He didn't set us up to win promotion, we scraped it by the skin of our teeth and were very very lucky.

I think this season has been better. Apart from lose Corr and gain Mooney and get in Hunt (who has hardly played) we have been on par with some of the better teams in L1, but at the same time, have been poor against teams too. We won't be promoted this but we won't be relegated

That's football, sometimes a manger can only do so much and then its down to his players. If they can't listen to his instructions and end up getting us promoted you really cant blame PB. Joe Pigott was never brought on to score at Wembley and Bentley was obviously not supposed to save any penalties.

I remember being in the Hamlet Court last May after our play-off win. All the players and us fans were having a brilliant time as the beer flowed. We all felt sorry for PB and his coaching staff sulking in the corner under a cloud of morose silence. Poor Phil, he had tried so hard to keep us in L2

One of the main reasons it's better this season is the addition of Payne, which shows PB has some sort of attacking intent. The Oldham thrashing is testament to the fact we don't always go ahead then sit on it. That is a tactic that can be used in L2 but I think PB has realised that against better teams in L1, you can't use that tactic. Our defence isn't quite as strong as it could be, we have been lucky a few times but overall, it is more enjoyable football. Attack is the best form of defence after all

I know this is an often repeated myth by all fans not just here on the zone. Its strange why managers, coaches and professional players rarely say this. Perhaps its because there no science to it and the stats (steady mrsblue) don't back it up either. I myself have always thought the best form of defence is a good defence but there you go.

Back