• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phone call from the club tonight

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
We received a phone call from the club tonight trying to flog the lottery thing to us. For about the 17th time in the last 12 months.... Nothing unusual there I hear you say. The thing is, when my Dad made the comment you're still working then - they said is there anything you want to know about the current situation at the club? They replied that everyone who works there is totally and utterly convinced that we won't be going into administration. In fact they could not be more adament.

Do they know something? Are they delusional? Or has Ron told anyone who works in the cold calling department to feed this story to the fans they call?

We received a phone call from the club tonight trying to flog the lottery thing to us. For about the 17th time in the last 12 months.... Nothing unusual there I hear you say. The thing is, when my Dad made the comment you're still working then - they said is there anything you want to know about the current situation at the club? They replied that everyone who works there is totally and utterly convinced that we won't be going into administration. In fact they could not be more adament.

Do they know something? Are they delusional? Or has Ron told anyone who works in the cold calling department to feed this story to the fans they call?

Much as I'd love to add weight to their convictions, I'm afraid the peeps working in the SUFC call centre are unlikely to be the voice of authority on the subject. Still any good news at this time I will cling to till the death.

I have spoken to 2 people within the club in the past day and they both wholeheartedly told me its business as usual. Neither were selling me anything. Either a smoke screen or they really aren't worried.

I have spoken to 2 people within the club in the past day and they both wholeheartedly told me its business as usual. Neither were selling me anything. Either a smoke screen or they really aren't worried.

I've witnessed this with other company's about to go tits up, there's a sense of disbelief, and it can't happen to us, and then it does. I really do hope their optimism is well founded, but.......

I had the same thing with Setanta in the summer...I called them up to cancel my subscription as there were rumours that they were going bust.... They denied they were in trouble and it convinced me to continue my subscription........The next day they went bust..........

i hope there right but they have proberly been reassured by GK....?

They can't say anything else.

I have unfortunately been involved with a company that went under. I knew it would probably go under on the Monday morning but we were open for business on the Friday and Saturday before. As far as I and the staff was concerned it was business as usual as there was always the chance that we might get a miracle.

You really can't say anything negative otherwise it takes that hope away and the news spreads like wildfire, making what was previously only almost certain absolutely nailed on. Plus, to be fair, they won't have a clue whether we will or won't.

Back