• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phone Help

J

The Chameleon
Right, had a little incident with my N95, and it is now refusing to turn on - I am concerned it is buggered, what i want to know is, can i get my contacts off my phone memory somehow? As my sim only holds 199 -

I can't turn it on, so need to get them off with turning on. HELP

Right, had a little incident with my N95, and it is now refusing to turn on - I am concerned it is buggered, what i want to know is, can i get my contacts off my phone memory somehow? As my sim only holds 199 -

I think off the top of my head if you go into a phone repair shop they can recover the contacts! Although there is another method have you sync'ed your N95 up with your computer at all? Have you used the Nokia N Series PC Suite programme at all? Because that automatically saves all your contacts and updates it everytime you connect the phone to the computer! Other than that you have no other way unless you can turn the phone on.

I think off the top of my head if you go into a phone repair shop they can recover the contacts! Although there is another method have you sync'ed your N95 up with your computer at all? Have you used the Nokia N Series PC Suite programme at all? Because that automatically saves all your contacts and updates it everytime you connect the phone to the computer! Other than that you have no other way unless you can turn the phone on.

Alonso is a mono-brow tosser

My N95 did that J and so did my mates N95. They are shocking, unfortunately i don't have a solution for your problem.

Do you not use the Nokia Syc mate?

BOLLOX BOLLOX!! Carphone warehouse don't do it anymore, and they said they can't unless it turns on anyway!! BOLLOX!!!

J, is this some big ruse to try and make out you have lots of friends ;)

You say an incident...can you elaborate, it may help!

J, is this some big ruse to try and make out you have lots of friends ;)

You say an incident...can you elaborate, it may help!

water and phone doesn't mix, especially toilet water pre flush.

Take the back off and take the battery , sim, memory card out and put the phone on a radiator or hot water tank for a while, it could well be the water which us causing the problem as opposed to the damage the water has caused . Leave it for a day in this warm place and then reasemble and try again.

Take the back off and take the battery , sim, memory card out and put the phone on a radiator or hot water tank for a while, it could well be the water which us causing the problem as opposed to the damage the water has caused . Leave it for a day in this warm place and then reasemble and try again.

Cheers mate, started doing this earlier, hopefully it might be ok - It's kind of turning on - but we'll see!

If its still not working next week i will give my stepdaughter a call . She Runs CPW at Bluewater and knows her phones !

Ooooh... that would be good mate! Cheers.

Carphone warehouse by the bell wouldn't really help, and just tried selling me a new one for 429.99 :O

That does work.....i cam home from the pub once, decided to have a bath and forgot to take of my clothes....phones was in my jeans, put it on the airing cupboard overnight and it was fine the next day

I have a contract, but my phone isn't insured! And water damage is against the warranty!

I think i might insure it.

But it might still be cheaper to take out a new contract just transfer the SIM.

Back