• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Following the debacle with BT (See this thread - http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?67030-BT ) I'm now trying to sort out a new provider for my mum, she doesn't need/want internet, any advice Zoners can offer? I've read good things about Utility Warehouse in Which? but don't know anyone who has used them.

Also has anyone used a Call Override service before? I've been looking at 18185.co.uk , all sounds good, but I'd like to know if anyone has had any problems with them, are they easy to unsubscribe from? Is payment taken from your account automatically or can you arrange payment each month?

Ta in advance.

18185 is great, they over-rode my BT, and take straight from my account. The only issue is whether you have BT or Virgin - if you have non-BT, it's a different longer number, but prices same. It is DD, so in theory you could unsubscribe, but it's a yearly contract I think. But the prices are superb.

Primus is another, but I had so many problems with their billing.

18185 is great, they over-rode my BT, and take straight from my account. The only issue is whether you have BT or Virgin - if you have non-BT, it's a different longer number, but prices same. It is DD, so in theory you could unsubscribe, but it's a yearly contract I think. But the prices are superb.

Primus is another, but I had so many problems with their billing.

Cheers Naps, 18185 is sounding great, the only drawback is my mum doesn't want the internet, so all her 18185 bills would have to come via my email account and she doesn't like DD either but the prices could well tempt her to into it.

Just been looking at the Post Office's phone services, could appeal to my mum as she could go int he post office and pay, and there's no surcharge for not paying by DD (unlike Utility Warehouse's 10%).

I use 18185 for Call Override. Payment is automatic via credit card and I've never had a problem. Been with them for at least 5 years, might be longer.

Back