• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aerial View showing the old South Bank

rootshall02.gif

From the Trust site

View attachment 1564

There is this one from the Liverpool game (which is somwhere on another site anyway). What a day that was - queued for two hours to get in and still got in a frustrating 20 mins late

I remember that night quite well and was one of the few times we stood in the South Terracing. Bitterly cold night.

will try and put up some of the photo's I have over the weekend

My dad played for Grays in the late 50s he used to talk about the great wooden main stand that they had which burnt down.
He also mentioned the scoreboard painted on the side of the house. Which i remenber him telling me about when we went to watch Grays i think in the 80s they had a good side then with a Micky Welch playing up front for them scoring for fun.
I think we had him here for a while playing in the ressies. Memories superb!!!!

I would also love to see pictures of our south bank as it was before Jobbo put the flats on it.
I can remember it but many of our younger supporters just wouldnt be able to grasp how big our South Bank was!

I remember the South Bank. Me, my Dad and Grandad use to walk at the back of the stand which had a car park and I remember looking down and thinking wow thats massive.. Oh and I'm talking about the South Stand by the way and not my todger :smile: Great memories...

Back