• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Photos from Meet the Blues Day pt 1

I was going to try and get one of Macca and Laurent (if they had made up), but Macca had gone.

Is peace restored, anyone see anything ?

They were sitting together in the East Stand during the Fulham V Arsenal match in the morning, and then were called off to the tent to sign autographs for us fans just before the end of the match. Everything looked fine between them.

Highlight of the day though was Mildy getting in a rage with the Lucozade machine, as it wouldn't give him his change...

"How much do you earn Mildy!?", one woman said...

"It doesn't matter how much I earn, it's just the ****ing principle of the machine stealing my money."...

Good pictures there.

Lets hope that next year's MTBD is not held in a dirty dusty car park.

Oh and I could have sworn that the Neil Diamond impersonator looked very much Dougie Freeman in a wig

Good pictures there.

Lets hope that next year's MTBD is not held in a dirty dusty car park.

Oh and I could have sworn that the Neil Diamond impersonator looked very much Dougie Freeman in a wig

I thought it was a joke compered to previous seasons at B@L..a comlpete f-up by the club.

Oh and where was you today Mr Cricko. Your last words to me this morning were "see ya later over at RH"

I was there for an hour.....then got bored with the stupid venue.....had a quick rumble with Kay's sister behind the South Bank and went home..:)

Think they really messed this one up at the club this year.
Normally families make this a day out, have a picnic on the grass watch the team train, watch some of the youth/boys team and then there is normally a match.

Think they really messed this one up at the club this year.
Normally families make this a day out, have a picnic on the grass watch the team train, watch some of the youth/boys team and then there is normally a match.

I really couldn't be bothered to walk around a car park. My kids love running around at MTB day but there was no way I was letting them run around on concrete/tarmac...very bad move by the club.

Agreed. I think the club have made a big boo boo here and when they have had a chance to look back on things I think they'll realize it too. To an extent I can see why they did it this way with the Toomey Trophy happening on the same day and wanting to keep things simple and less complicated but sometimes just because something is less complicated does not automatically make it better, as is the case here.
If B & L is not available next year then they really should look at holding at some other venue where a more relaxed, family orientated atmosphere can be created.

Agreed. I think the club have made a big boo boo here and when they have had a chance to look back on things I think they'll realize it too. To an extent I can see why they did it this way with the Toomey Trophy happening on the same day and wanting to keep things simple and less complicated but sometimes just because something is less complicated does not automatically make it better, as is the case here.
If B & L is not available next year then they really should look at holding at some other venue where a more relaxed, family orientated atmosphere can be created.

Completely agree, whoever came up with this marketing idea needs removing from the wage bill.

Well done to that person for undoing alot of the previous hardwork to get families to come to RH.

I can't comment about whether RH was a good venue for MTBD as I didn't go, and hardly went to it at B & L.

It made sense to have it at RH though with the Toomey Trophy going on. They probably thought a lot of people would go to MTBD then head onto the football afterwards to support the boys.

Back