• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pikey/Cheap food that is actually ok?

Do you actually cook this or do you like shrivelling up to nothing with all the nasty pumped in stuff bleeding out as white gunk in the pan?

Whenever I cooked with this, which i will grant you is not often, i found it to shrink quite a lot, and I am no fan of crispy bacon, so the bacon is in and out of the pan quite quickly.

This is smoked back bacon. Cooks very well, the smart price stuff you can see through the clear packaging and see the good bits of bacon. Saves a lot of money and taste is just as good in my experience. Which is aggressive.

smart price chips are just end cuts and bits and bobs and are awful.

You can add Kellogg's Corn Flakes to that list as well. Own brand corn flakes have a rather slimy feel to them once the milk has immersed them.

Too true. good point. good list prior to that too.

As a student I always look for some bargain deals, and have tryed and tested a lot of cheap stuff that does a job. Each supermarket chain has its little decent buys, but asda the cheapest (well lidl is cheaper, but it is mostly *****) Anyway..
-Sainsburys Basics Orange Juice- 56p probably some of the best OJ ive tasted
- Asda smart price noodles- 9p- great little snack to have, maybe noodle sandwhich or just to have with some chicken
- Boil in a bag rice- about 80p- great little invention, great portion size to have with a curry
- Huge pack of pasta from tescos about 4.50- will do you for a semester (12 weeks) always a standard safe meal
- Lidl Jam- something silly like 27p- tastes the same as all jam
- Birds eye chicken at tescos- always one or two of the range on offer, includes reggae reggae, chargrill chicken, pepper etc. 2 fillets for a £1
- Asda chicken range £2 for 4 fillets, tastes preety decent
- Tesco value sausages- 99p, you get approx. 20, put them in the lean mean fat grilling machine and they taste as good as any
- Lidl did recently branston beans 4 pack for 89p bargain
- Lidl pork chops 4 for £1.89

I once had this level of knowledge SS5. Great stuff. As a student you are a pro!!!!!!!!

Shoot me down but value cheese is amazing. I actually adore the lack of taste and the rubbery texture, is so much better than something crumbly in a good sanger.

Same with cheap bread, lasts about 20 seconds once open but my word, on day 1 & 2 makes for a brilliant .

value cheese is thrown over my cheesey chips everytime i ask for cheesey chips at a kebab van... rubbery effect i am quite used to now!

Back