• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch invasions.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Last night Billy Sharp was assaulted and knocked to ground by Notts Forest fan after that team had won play off semi, on pens.

Police have made arrest.

This was always going to happen with the, seemingly, increasing trend of running on to pitch at the end ( or sometimes during) important games.

What is to be done?
What will it cost?

I hate pitch invasions, primarily because they prevent the majority of the fans who are still in the stands from celebrating properly with the players. It is selfish and a 'look at me, look at me' attitude.

After what happened last night, I think the only thing that can be done is to threaten clubs with ground closures if it happens again - the last thing we want is for the return of fencing.

It is as far as I'm aware still an offence for which can get you a criminal record?

Last edited:
I agree I think something needs to be done. Unfortunately it's difficult to stop them if there are enough people.

It's okay if they're peaceful but there have been too many at the end of this season that have turned ugly. I also think it spoils it for the players and coaches of the winning team, while the losing team have to retreat quickly and don't get to go over to their fans.

Glad to see that someone has been arrested for the disgusting assault on Billy Sharp last night.

But but but who on here (not from East Stand prawn sandwich brigade) resisted the urge to invade the pitch after the Bristol City game. You know the one ‘Kevin Maher snapping in there trying to get possession………..Wayne Gray for the TITLE!).

:Thumbs up:
I was sat in my seat shouting 'get back, you're ruining it for everyone'

It's perhaps worth remembering that our own pitch invasion back in October in that 0-4 home defeat to Chesterfield with the Martin out banner from the West Stand caused PB to be sacked and the subsequent turnaround in our fortunes once the new management team was appointed.

But but but who on here (not from East Stand prawn sandwich brigade) resisted the urge to invade the pitch after the Bristol City game. You know the one ‘Kevin Maher snapping in there trying to get possession………..Wayne Gray for the TITLE!).

:Thumbs up:
Never done one, it’s quite a jump down from the South Upper.

It's perhaps worth remembering that our own pitch invasion back in October in that 0-4 home defeat to Chesterfield with the Martin out banner from the West Stand caused PB to be sacked and the subsequent turnaround in our fortunes once the new management team was appointed.
That's a point. Maybe a invasion every home game, we'll be out of this league in a jiffy ?

3 weeks ago when in N.Y, i went to see N.Y. City F.C play San Jose earthquakes. Neither team 'took the knee' pre k.o, & my son ( who lives in NY,) said no-one does it anymore over there!.

You obviously got my tone with me being sarcastic.....I strongly opposed the whole knee thing which we had two years of, and has it changed anything?? Did the UK actually have a wider problem? I'm not convinced we did compared to America. Football seems to be used for everything that is wrong (or deemed to be) in society. Ultimately it's down to silly individuals who ruin it for everyone else.

As for the whole pitch invasion thing, I'm in two minds. If it's at the end of the season, then why not, but, you have to rely on people conducting themselves in the correct way.

I notice After the Everton - Palace game, Pactric Vieira kicked an Everton fan, what the hell was he thinking!!!

As for the whole pitch invasion thing, I'm in two minds. If it's at the end of the season, then why not, but, you have to rely on people conducting themselves in the correct way.
There lies the problem. Supposedly it is an offence to encroach on the pitch at any time?. So by that rule, whether it be the end of season or mid Nov, anyone doing so is in the wrong?.

There lies the problem. Supposedly it is an offence to encroach on the pitch at any time?. So by that rule, whether it be the end of season or mid Nov, anyone doing so is in the wrong?.

I totally get what you're saying but I'm pretty sure that only applies to whilst the match is in progress, though. I can't be 100% sure. I've tried googling it and to be honest, you don't really get an answer. Maybe it's more down to the club

Back