• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch invasions.

Maybe not everything but it does indicate a desire to express solidarity with the BLM movement.Let's face it racism in football (and elsewhere) has been a problem for far too long now.

There is less racism in football than all the elite sports and elite vocations....Including education. Still Football fans are always the easiest of targets.

I don't agree with any politics coming into the stadiums.

There is less racism in football than all the elite sports and elite vocations....Including education. Still Football fans are always the easiest of targets.

I don't agree with any politics coming into the stadiums.
I would agree that there would appear to be less overt racism in fotball these days .

If you don't want "any politics coming into the stadiums" then I imagine you'd have to stop people coming into stadiums too.Come to think of it that was tried under covid. :Smile:

Last edited:
Another terrible example at the Etihad yesterday. City had just won the title, was there any need for the assault on the Villa GK? I thought the stewards were quite slow to react though.

This has to stop.

The quick sentencing of the thug who attacked Billy Sharp was a good example of what is needed but obviously things are not changed simply or fast enough.
A raft of banning orders on those pictured damaging the goal posts and verbally abusing the players on the pitch may help?
If MCFC publish the pics, reward naming of the idiots then also "up" grade stewarding some progress may be made.
And same for the other clubs where similar has happened.
They will all have security, safety staff and allocated police liaison that can sort through it over the summer?

The quick sentencing of the thug who attacked Billy Sharp was a good example of what is needed
Agreed, but a 6 month sentence ( minus remission? ) is hardly a deterrent in the future for those who may think about doing the same thing?.
Perhaps if he had got a 3 year stretch, which isn't OTT for what he deliberately did, that amount of 'doing time' could make others think twice?.

I was listening to Jeremy Vine today while in between visits (please don't hold that against me) where the discussion today was on the latest pitch invasions and there is actually solicitor for football pitch invasions. He did speak a lot of sense and highlighted it is a criminal offence to enter the pitch and even went as far to say that clubs need to be held accountable for their supporters including introducing point deductions for teams who supporters enter the playing field.
I noted the game with Stockport and Halifax that the Stockport supporters ran onto the pitch not to celebrate but to run to the other end of the pitch and goad the Halifax supporters.
There is a "hooligan" element returning to the game.
when and why did it become so ok for supporters to run onto the pitch and then assault members of the opposite team? why not just run on the pitch and gather around the tunnel/director box.

As OBL has said it has to stop

It was already decided before the Chesterfield game. PB would have gone had we lost to Eastleigh.
I believe that qualifies as inside knowledge which certainly isn't publically available.In any case the pitch invasion from the West Stand was fairly widely supported from within Roots Hall.l I was watching from the East and even saw people applauding from the DB,Even the away Chesterfield supporters (there in some numbers) got in on the act by holding the Martin out banner much to the onwatching Chairman's bemusement.Hardly a coincidence that he's apparently only been to one match since.

I believe that qualifies as inside knowledge which certainly isn't publically available.In any case the pitch invasion from the West Stand was fairly widely supported from within Roots Hall.l I was watching from the East and even saw people applauding from the DB,Even the away Chesterfield supporters (there in some numbers) got in on the act by holding the Martin out banner much to the onwatching Chairman's bemusement.Hardly a coincidence that he's apparently only been to one match since.

Did you also notice the normally vocal PB and CF never said a word all game. Just because it wasn't 'officiall' they knew before a ball was kicked and so did the players.

It was the Eastleigh protest that had more effect. Including the team who upped their game and score whilst the banner was going up and down the touchline.

Did you also notice the normally vocal PB and CF never said a word all game. Just because it wasn't 'officiall' they knew before a ball was kicked and so did the players.

It was the Eastleigh protest that had more effect. Including the team who upped their game and score whilst the banner was going up and down the touchline.
As long as the pitch invasion/protest against Chesterfield was effective (which I think most people would agree it was) personally I don't fink the finer details are all that important.Agree though that PB was srangely silent throughout -suggesting, as you say, that he already knew his fate.What really suprised me in footballing terms though was that Murphy and Dalby only came on as late subs when they both looked miles better than the couple of loanees they replaced.

Last edited:
Saint Etienne fans just showed what could happen unless these are clamped down on.

Lost on penalties in the relegation play off and the pitch is immediately stormed, with both sets of players being targeted and dozens of flares thrown in the direction of the tunnel.

Hopefully no-one was hurt.

As long as the pitch invasion/protest against Chesterfield was effective (which I think most people would agree it was) personally I don't fink the finer details are all that important.Agree though that PB was srangely silent throughout -suggesting, as you say, that he already knew his fate.What really suprised me in footballing terms though was that Murphy and Dalby only came on as late subs when they both looked miles better than the couple of loanees they replaced.

PB was not happy with quality of loanees and the fact that certain positions like CB had not been addressed.
A lot of people on here claimed a DoF was the answer to all our problems. I did say on here it depends on who gets the title of DoF.

PB was clearly making this point as it was his last match. In the same way he had played Akinola v Eastleigh.....A kind of there you go people this why he is not my cup of tea....A player who wants his wage but cant be bothered.....

Must have worked as RD is no longer at the club and the 3 amigos addressed that problem immediately after they took over.....Shame you didn't get to see young Charlie Sayers at his best. He was another that knew it was his last game that day as well.....Pitch invasions do come with consequences, good and bad.

PB was not happy with quality of loanees and the fact that certain positions like CB had not been addressed.
A lot of people on here claimed a DoF was the answer to all our problems. I did say on here it depends on who gets the title of DoF.

PB was clearly making this point as it was his last match. In the same way he had played Akinola v Eastleigh.....A kind of there you go people this why he is not my cup of tea....A player who wants his wage but cant be bothered.....

Must have worked as RD is no longer at the club and the 3 amigos addressed that problem immediately after they took over.....Shame you didn't get to see young Charlie Sayers at his best. He was another that knew it was his last game that day as well.....Pitch invasions do come with consequences, good and bad.
I'd say the one against Chesterfield had mainly good consequences.The only downside I can see,perhaps inevitably,is that the Chairman is still around.Though I was rather suprised to hear a good friend say. on the morning of the Torquay game. that she hoped he'd end up in jail.Funnily enough that's what I hope for too.

I'd say the one against Chesterfield had mainly good consequences.The only downside I can see,perhaps inevitably,is that the Chairman is still around.Though I was rather suprised to hear a good friend say. on the morning of the Torquay game. that she hoped he'd end up in jail.Funnily enough that's what I hope for too.

Would this be the Chairman who will write off £20m of club debt. If he is going to jail he may well call in that loan and thats the end of SUFC. Even selling at this stage could be the worst thing for us.

Unlike you some of us can't suddenly get Fulham scarfs out the draw......The ones next to a Barcelona shirt.

Would this be the Chairman who will write off £20m of club debt. If he is going to jail he may well call in that loan and thats the end of SUFC. Even selling at this stage could be the worst thing for us.

Unlike you some of us can't suddenly get Fulham scarfs out the draw......The ones next to a Barcelona shirt.
As I understand it that club debt will be written off once FF is built.

Meanwhile we'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

Saint Etienne fans just showed what could happen unless these are clamped down on.

Lost on penalties in the relegation play off and the pitch is immediately stormed, with both sets of players being targeted and dozens of flares thrown in the direction of the tunnel.

Hopefully no-one was hurt.
Very reminiscent of football problems of the past. We seem to be going backwards in terms of fan behaviour and racism.

Very reminiscent of football problems of the past. We seem to be going backwards in terms of fan behaviour and racism.
Agreed, full circle, when I hear some of the younger Shrimper fans I cringe at the sexist, homophobic, racist noises from them. No doubt it was the same or worse 40 years ago BUT a few years back progress did seem real and evident.
A lot of anti woke, lockdown isolation, failed aspirations and appalling examples from PM, to Prince Andy to John Terry may be part of the cause.

Back