• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

placebo - greatest hits

shrimperman

Manager
absolutely blinding. dont usually do the 'greatest hits' thing but saw this at £4.99 in hmv and gave it a go. it was a good decision. placebo has not always been to everyones taste due to there unique style but this has an excellent selection of old and new. any thoughts fellow shrimpers?

Own two of their albums but never really held my attention that much. Nancy Boy will always be a class track though.

Bought the first album, like a couple of the early singles but feel they've been treading water ever since.

yeah, i must admit ive never been impressed enough to buy an album previously. however, they have made some seriously strong tracks in the past that bring back some fond memories of my youth. i think that there fall back has been the fact that the music is unique, its never been popular enough to take the world by storm but at £5 you get a very nice sample, which for me was very good value

Their early albums were great, Nancy Boy and Pure Morning are two of my favorites - they also did an excellent cover of 20th Century Boy around that time. Their last album had a couple of good tracks but doesn't scale their previous heights.

Still, at only a fiver I might well have a look at their greatest hits...

Back